Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Nice win Lakers! long series?

What a nice opening game to the Western Confrence Finals!
    I say Lakers in 6.
    What do you guys think?

Rudy

Re: Nice win Lakers! long series?

Does George Mikan still play for the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by dodgersfan View Post
    I say Lakers in 6.
    What do you guys think?

Rudy
    Pretty difficult home win. Should be a good, long series. If the Lakers win this series, they are going to be spent by the time they get to the Finals. If the Cavs walk over the Magic like they did with Detroit and Atlanta, this could be a problem for LA.

Melo's Olympic experience seems to have really changed him. Terrific defensive performance. It's like watching a completely different player this season.

I hope the Cavs/Magic series will be as exciting as I anticipate the Lakers/Nuggets series to be. The first two Cavs series were pretty boring - LeBron was simply too darn good. I'm not sure we'll see anything as good as the Celts/Bulls series, though. Now that was incredible.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I say Lakers in 6.
    What do you guys think?

Rudy
    You know it brother, Lakers in 6
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    You know it brother, Lakers in 6
    I think I called this one too. I figured that the Rockets series served as a wake-up call to this team. Make no mistake this Nuggets team is loaded and this was a very, very difficult series. Most likely, if this team had taken care of business against Houston in 5 like they should have, we would not have seen all of the negative press on the Lakers failure to close teams out.

After their failure to seal the deal last year against the Celtics, I will be absolutely shocked if this team does not beat either the Magic or Cavs no matter who they face. At least they get a few days off now after about four weeks of playing every other night.
    Brett Herman

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

My prediction will be the Lakers in 5!
    What do you guys think?
    I want to hear all of your predictions.

Rudy

Most of the analysts are picking the Lakers in 6. I think they have a decent shot at taking it in 4 or 5, though. If Pau and Bynam can eliminate Dwight's dominance in the post (which I believe is possible), that will be the series. The Lakers have better perimeter defense than the Cavs, so the Hedo/Rashard effect may not carry the same weight. The Magic are a strong team, but the Lakers are peaking, and they are an overall more talented team with the best player in basketball (I still can't quite give it to LeBron, as impressive as he is). The Lakers' domination of the Nuggets in Denver last night was astounding. Barkley picked the Magic to win the series in 7, but I just don't see it. Lakers in 6 at the outside.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Most of the analysts are picking the Lakers in 6. I think they have a decent shot at taking it in 4 or 5, though. If Pau and Bynam can eliminate Dwight's dominance in the post (which I believe is possible), that will be the series. The Lakers have better perimeter defense than the Cavs, so the Hedo/Rashard effect may not carry the same weight. The Magic are a strong team, but the Lakers are peaking, and they are an overall more talented team with the best player in basketball (I still can't quite give it to LeBron, as impressive as he is). The Lakers' domination of the Nuggets in Denver last night was astounding. Barkley picked the Magic to win the series in 7, but I just don't see it. Lakers in 6 at the outside.

Agreed Reid, All excellent points. Plus no Jameer Nelson this time around. Since the Lakers were able to minimize somewhat the overall influence of Billups they certainly should not have major problems against Alston. I agree Lakers in 5 or 6 tops.
    Brett Herman

I still think the Lakers do it 5 games!
    I think they will win tonight 106-100 then lose game #4 and then win it on the road in game 5.
    The streets of L.A have been nuts after every Laker victory,people blowing their horns and lighting fireworks.

Rudy

My prediction will be the Lakers in 5!
    What do you guys think?
    I want to hear all of your predictions.

Rudy

I still think the Lakers do it 5 games!
    I think they will win tonight 106-100 then lose game #4 and then win it on the road in game 5.
    The streets of L.A have been nuts after every Laker victory,people blowing their horns and lighting fireworks.
    ...and breaking windows, shooting handguns, starting fires. You gotta love the passion of true sports fans.