Hello all...

I am quite perplexed and quite frankly, pissed off.

I was out with my family this evening and was watching an auction on eBay and bid and won (on my iPhone) a GU and AU 2008 ASG BP jersey of Lance Berkman. And it was cheap (under $100) w/ MLB holo which I had already verified.

That was just about 7pm when the auction ended. I get home and come to check eMail to rcv a message from the seller not to pay. It's no longer available - hell, just read the eMail below:

Hi, please do not pay for this item. It is no longer available, my son sold it before even telling me. It was sold on Monday without my knowledge. I was checking our inventory to get it ready to ship once you pid. I am so sorry, I feel very bad. If you read my feedback, I have never had any problems. Once again I am so sorry, I can make it up for you. I am always gettting autograph jerseys and other memorabilia.
This was rcvd just about 8pm - just an hour after the auction ended.

I wrote back, told here I was not happy and that she had entered into a LEGAL binding agreement by offering the item just as I had by bidding on it.

I then proceeded to let her know that I will be checking my options with eBay - as well as my attorney - and consider pursuin Legal Action. I have the MLB Holo # and will be watching for it to come up at auction again.

I then asked exactly how she plans to 'make it up' to me' and told her my suggestion was that she make her son obtain the jersey from the buyer and she complete our transaction as it sits. I also told her that I have the MLB Authentication # as well.

And I told her the ball is now in her court.

What would you do?

- Chris