Quote Originally Posted by JimCaravello View Post
I am just now seeing this thread and it appears that the auction has ended and the bat sold for $1,392. T85 is a valid model number for Brett during the 83-85 time period. There are also numerous Baseball Promotional orders of T85 during this time period as well as two - 500 total bat orders by the KC Royals in 1983, that had to be for promotional puprposes - that's right - 500 bats ordered by the KC Royals on 11/22/83 and 500 bats ordered on 12/21//83. Most of Brett's orders for T85 bats during this period were 34.5" in length with weights of 32 ounces. The bat in question has the nice pine tar separation that I discuss in one of my blogs from last year - Game Used Bat Collecting Tips. I don't like how the barrel looks sanded and I also don't like the actual use on the barrel - its not comensurate with the amount of pine tar on the handle. This is a bat I would like to inspect in person to measure - weigh - and review the actual game use on the barrel, before rendering a ture opinion. This must have been a one day auction? I don't remember seeing this bat listed................... but I could have missed it......

If you have any other questions, please contact me at jcaravello@nc.rr.com - Jim
Great thread. Hey on those promotional bats, would they be the ones with the "large label"? Thanks