Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: 1983 to 2009 New Era Hat Tagging Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfan View Post
    I have cataloged each cap and have compared all details of each cap to other caps, to align by similar cap, by player & year. Of course the early caps up to the 1960's are tagged by Spalding, Wilson, Tim McAuliffe.
    I am going back and making sure that the information I have recorded is correct and the with the same nomenclature for similar caps.
    I was also comtemplating how I could put a catalog together with pictures of each cap, noting the differences similar to what you have done, just have not gotten their yet. I have to figure out how to take all the pictures and catalog them, which is something I am not up to speed as of now.
    Bob,

One of the most helpful things would be if you had already a column for the date that you bought the item or the date that each cap came into your collection and how you you obtain it. Hopefully that is something that you kept track of.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Question Re: 1983 to 2009 New Era Hat Tagging Primer

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Bob,

One of the most helpful things would be if you had already a column for the date that you bought the item or the date that each cap came into your collection and how you you obtain it. Hopefully that is something that you kept track of.
    Joel:

Can you please send me any photos you have of pre-1970 Spaldding CAP tags? Or print them here? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Dave Miedema
    sox83cubs84@hotmail.com

Banned

Lightbulb Re: 1983 to 2009 New Era Hat Tagging Primer

I picked up a Dave Clark Tigers TBTC cap from a 2015 game via MLB Auctions. It appears that the tag designs have gone back to wht ws used in the 2012-13 time frame. (See post #68 from Joel S.)

Dave Miedema