So four times now in the past three months I have had members on here approach me about items I was not at the time selling (or advertising as selling) in personal emails, only to have them not purchase the item.

Now yes, there is a part of me that is happy to retain the item in my collection. But here's the point to my rant: THEY approached me, I did not approach them with the solicitation. On every occasion I initially told them all I am not interested in selling said item, but they persisted in pursuing it. In three of the four occasions after multiple emails, getting me to agree to sell it and mentally preparing to lose the item from my collection they dropped out all together. So am I wrong in finding this rude? Or am I simply being whiny and too sensitive ?

Keep in mind in every instance I was polite, willingly to discuss it in multiple correspondences and was only looking for what I paid ($300 or less each time shipped) in return. If you are going to approach me about a game worn football helmet, and then beg me to sell it to you I assume you have $250-$300 available. Or at the very least would negotiate a price. Anyone on here who have dealt with me know I am not firm on prices and usually will come down $30-$50 if I think it's fair. Again, they came to me. Maybe I am just venting because it's happened so much lately, or possibly I'm annoyed in general with the time wasting element of it. This is not directed at any one member in particular but more at the pattern of behavior.

I actually posted this because I welcome others opinions and if it has been happening to you also? I cannot imagine it is an isolated incident with me.

I also wanted to thank Blitzmaster as the sole person who did approach me on multiple occasions, and each time we were able to make a deal via a sale or a trade.