Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Soler, Sano and Rockford Expos

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Dave thanks for the reply. I figured the jerseys were hand me downs as it was common practice back then. I have owned one of these jerseys before.. Delino Deshields to be exact. My father had friends who were close to the organization and as a kid I got to know the players well and was given lots of nice items that have since been tossed or given away. I know its a long shot that any may still exist but it's a piece of my childhood that I would like to reclaim. ~Joe
    I remember going to a ton of Expos games same with the Rockford Cubbies and the Rockford Reds. I use to have a ton of bats and jerseys from these teams. I might still have a few packed away in my mom's basement. I can check the next time I'm back that way. True story - Johnny Damon gave me a signed bat when he was with the Expos after a game. I remeber thinking who is this guy - I ended up using it to hit rocks with in my back yard. What can you do - I was around 11 at the time..

Quote Originally Posted by tella27 View Post
    I remember going to a ton of Expos games same with the Rockford Cubbies and the Rockford Reds. I use to have a ton of bats and jerseys from these teams. I might still have a few packed away in my mom's basement. I can check the next time I'm back that way. True story - Johnny Damon gave me a signed bat when he was with the Expos after a game. I remeber thinking who is this guy - I ended up using it to hit rocks with in my back yard. What can you do - I was around 11 at the time..
    Definitely let me know if you do come across any of those jerseys. Great story about Damon! I remember he was always a gracious signer and even then you could tell he was going to be something. I remember having signed team balls from every year the Expos played in Rockford all of which found there way to the fierce games played in my back yard as a kid.

bump!! I know the Rockford Expos jerseys still exist as I missed out on a BIN Ebay auction... this may forever haunt me!

Bump

Well, well.... Looks like you may be in luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-L-B-MONTRE...EAAOSwrnNXP4h1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com