Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

BIG Problem With Grey Flannel Maddux Jersey

When looking through Grey Flannel's current auction I noticed they had some nice Atlanta Braves jerseys. I've been collecting Braves jerseys for awhile now and something looked funny about this Greg Maddux 1999 game worn road grey jersey:

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...ld-Series-Year)

I couldn't figure out why it looked so "off" until I looked through some of my own jerseys and images on Getty. Not only does the font look too wide, I have NEVER seen an authentic Braves jersey with the middle "a" in Atlanta being completely on the right side of the split. They are always split in two with approximately 1/2 of the "a" on each side. I've posted images of the GF Maddux listing, Maddux wearing the road grey in 1999, and Chipper wearing the road grey in 1999 which clearly shows the "a" being sewn on each side.

In my opinion this jersey is not game worn or issued by the Atlanta Braves. I don't claim to be an expert on Braves jerseys, but I have personally never seen this. If others have opinions on this jersey I would like to hear them. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images