This is a hypothetical question but I'm curious to see how members here feel about this scenario. An item is listed in the classifieds here and the seller receives an email from a member wanting to purchase his item for his asking price but before the seller replies he also receives an email from another member saying he'll pay more if you sell to me.

Is this ethical? Does it make the individual who emailed and offered more a shady member? Does it make the seller shady?

How many of you would sell to the member who contacted you first for your asking price and how many would take bids on the item?

This has happened to me twice on here with items in the classifieds so I am curious what everyone thinks. It didn't really bother me all that much but I'm sure some have a different take. For me I just avoided that member when it came to purchases and potential sales. I've already learned my lesson on asking questions about auction items . It seems to be a sure way to get an item sold that's been running for weeks but you'll have an opportunity to buy it again a week later for double the original asking price.