Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

...and just like that the photo that was at the URL I shared has been changed and the item has completely disappeared from the auction. I'd suggest probably not a coincidence.

In some ways I'm pleased because it hopefully means nobody overpays for a jersey thinking it's game-worn. I still can't comprehend why photo-match.com would claim it a match in the first place though with (relatively speaking) such little upside for a Nash gamer? They state that "Every item submitted will be looked at by a minimum of three panel experts." but based on the image that was highlighting the photo match on the auction listing, there was either no rigor or downright negligence on behalf of whichever 3 people reviewed the jersey (which does still appear on the photo-match.com website).

Definitely a buyer beware scenerio as you mention... A sloppy photo-match definitely seems to be the new LOA

I also want to add that it is pretty sad that customers have to point out these things to the "experts". You rarely see this kind of thing with Goldin Auctions as i beleive they take their time doing research and have a real good group of authenticators.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    I also want to add that it is pretty sad that customers have to point out these things to the "experts". You rarely see this kind of thing with Goldin Auctions as i beleive they take their time doing research and have a real good group of authenticators.
    what even makes someone an "expert"? if you call yourself an expert, you probably arent. boast about your experience and let someone else call you an expert.