Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Tom Brady Game Worn Helmet?

Some things I noticed:

* I don’t remember the Pats ever having a thin font Patriots front bumper decal during Brady’s time. It was a riddell logo up through like 2014?
    * the American flag doesn’t have thick white border
    * the red side shock blockers were used for almost a decade before they switched to the newer style

Questions:
    * are there any reconditioning stickers inside?
    * are the back number decals metallic or solid navy? It’s a very faint flake so look in the bright light
    * same question on the side logos
    * is there a number code on the face mask?

I have some pictures of Pats helmets from their HOF That i could post for reference, to check the decals and such. But I’m seeing a few red flags.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Quote Originally Posted by paul457 View Post
    Some things I noticed:

* I don’t remember the Pats ever having a thin font Patriots front bumper decal during Brady’s time. It was a riddell logo up through like 2014?
    * the American flag doesn’t have thick white border
    * the red side shock blockers were used for almost a decade before they switched to the newer style

Questions:
    * are there any reconditioning stickers inside?
    * are the back number decals metallic or solid navy? It’s a very faint flake so look in the bright light
    * same question on the side logos
    * is there a number code on the face mask?

I have some pictures of Pats helmets from their HOF That i could post for reference, to check the decals and such. But I’m seeing a few red flags.
    Thanks for the post! What exactly does the reconditioning sticker look like? There is a sticker inside near the ear hole that looks painted over. I will have to check the back numbers but the side logo's almost look like they have a sparkle/shimmer to/in them. I will check the face mask as well. I think there are "04" and "07" numbers on them.

I did find this online by the way:

The font looks like it matches and you can see a small, what almost looks like a divot in the paint which also looks the same on the helmet I have. The color of the clips is also clear.

Could you take a photo of your helmet at close to same angle as seen in the photo posted of TB? Thanks and best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers View Post
    Could you take a photo of your helmet at close to same angle as seen in the photo posted of TB? Thanks and best of luck!
    Hey! Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by MallCopKJ View Post
    Hey! Here you go:

Not even close
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Font isnt the same on the nose bumper decals. Check out the S at the end.

Additionally, Paul asked some great questions, which I don't believe you have answered. Are the numbers (#12) on the rear of the helmet metallic or plain blue? Please post a close up picture of them.

Just like most of the HND-9 Rawlings Ridge helmet out there becomes a Terry Bradshaw helmet, many, many XL Silver VSR4 helmets become Tom Brady's.

Nice helmet to display but certainly not Tom Brady's.

If you believe your source is legit I’d go back through the channels to see if you can get more of a backstory.

If it has reconditioning labels inside, and authentic side logos and number decals, the story gets even more intriguing.

I wouldn’t write it off yet, but as helmets said there are a lot of copies out there.

Recon labels are usually white and green, pasted on the inside (sometimes under the padding), and are dated.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey