Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Exclamation Re: A Word of Caution Re: Hinek Collection Items

And the hits just keep on coming...

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=26441

I'm guessing that with the annotated "Pro Sports Investments hologram" this would now be four (and counting) ?!?

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Re: A Word of Caution Re: Hinek Collection Items

Pat, please take the advice of Jim (gridman80).....

people seem to make judgements in these posts without complete knowledge of the facts.
    That Elway in AMI is the same one that we sold to Dave O'Brien who purchased it for the sole reason of consigning it to them. You are clueless to your posts once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie J. Gernay
    Pat, please take the advice of Jim (gridman80).....

That Elway in AMI is the same one that we sold to Dave O'Brien who purchased it for the sole reason of consigning it to them. You are clueless to your posts once again.
    Bernie:

... and here I thought you'd given up on this forum.

Since you prefer to deal in facts, let me address a couple in response to your posting:
    • My post stated "I'm "guessing" that... this would now be four." There was no statement of fact nor presumption of knowledge in this statement. I stated that I was guessing.
    • The point of this posting was to factually point out to others that there was a fourth listing (attributed to PSI), not necessarily a fourth jersey.
    • Of the three jerseys in question, two were sold to clients of mine--Steve and Tom--for whom I have contact information (and valid reasons to protect their interest, as I value those with whom I do business). The 3rd jersey, belonging to Dave may very well be the one at AMI, however, as I do not have a relationship with Dave and AMI us under no obligation to divulge the identity of it's consignors, I guess I have just reason to be "clueless" in this area.
    Short of that, as I have stated in the past, if and when I am found to be wrong/misstated/misunderstood I will be the first to stand up (as I did in my previous post) and admit my mistakes or explain my position more clearly, etc. I will not, however, cower just because someone defensively and condescendingly dismisses anything I post as a collection of untruths.

To clear one final topic, I did receive your phone message last week. Just so that you are aware, sense I don't keep the same hours as the rest of the world, my voice mail picks up all incoming calls and without caller ID, if all you do is hang up, I really have no idea how many times you may or may not be trying to call. While I can appreciate what appeared to be an "olive branch", I still don't feel comfortable that while getting mired down in whose facts were straight and whose facts were skewed, what seemed to get lost in the shuffle is that this whole flap arose over simply trying to elicit public answers to two simple questions related to authenticity and ethics. To date, those questions have still gone publicly unanswered (though privately, I believe that both Tom and Steve are as "at peace" with their respective situations as they can be under the circumstances, which was my ultimate goal). I had honestly not intended to pick up a phone and return a call until this matter had been addressed. I now may have reason to do otherwise...

In recently investigating/addressing a completely unrelated matter for forum moderator Eric, I stumbled upon something that may or may not be related and/or of interest. While I am assuming that you have likely now divested your inventory of all Elway jerseys from this Hinek collection purchase, if my theory holds water, it could very well apply to others that you and Lou may have purchased/be holding. If interested in discussing, LMK...

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities

Bernie's post mentioning he spoke to you is from Feb 2006...
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Oops. You're right. I didn't realize until now that the first 35 or so posts from this threat date back to last year. Nevermind what I said about not being contacted by Bernie. However, everything I said about being very concerned about Mr. Hinek's testimonial still remains valid and true. This whole thing has become truly bizarre. --Steve

Steve-

Do you plan on contacting Mr. Gernay to find out what he has to say about all of this?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by EndzoneSports
    And the hits just keep on coming...

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=26441

I'm guessing that with the annotated "Pro Sports Investments hologram" this would now be four (and counting) ?!?
    In all sense of fairness, it was brought to my attention that this may very well indeed be a re-listing of one of the same that we've already discussed and not an additional jersey. It has been reported to me, though unconfirmable, that this is the jersey that was purchased by the eBay underbidder (Dave O'Brien). which has been hastily consigned for AMIs auction. Though I got no sense that an immediate resale was pending when I last spoke with Dave, it is possible since, he:
    • Bought this illicitly (in violation of eBay rules which prohibit offers to buy or sell listed items outside of the eBay Web site) at a price well below the going market rate for a legitimate Elway game-used jersey and wants to make a tidy profit, AND/OR
    • Considering the issues raised in this thread, he just wants to get out from underneath a jersey that he no longer feels comfortable with as quickly as possible.
    If this is his indeed his jersey (and I have no confirmation that it is indeed the case), then I can only surmise what his motives might be. I am aware that Dave at least follows this forum, if not actively participates, as it was his reading of one of my posts that generated this whole topic to begin with. It is possible that he might be then willing/able to confirm that this is indeed his consignment.

Best regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities