Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Court: Feds may use drug testing data from 2003

Quote Originally Posted by richpick View Post
    MLB has yet to have a huge star test positive for roids. Have they protected their interests? This will shed some light on the subject. If it comes out that Pujols tested positive for roids do you think it will turn a lot of people off baseball as many people were touting him as the first player that was not helped from roids that had a shot of breaking the single season homerun record?
    You forgot about a guy named Rafael Palmeiro who had a positive test for performance enhancers. I believe he is a member of the 500HR 3000 hit club!

Re: Court: Feds may use drug testing data from 2003

I know that I did not take into account Palmeiro but in my mind he was at the end of his career. I believe if a major star in the prime of his career tested positive it would be a lot more damaging to MLB. On a personal note it saddens me that the GAME has become about money and cheating. Steroids has clouded all the positive that athletes are accomplishing today and for myself it is a dissappointment. When I grew up it seemed only hard work and your god given genetics were at work on someone becoming an athlete.