Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Mickey Mantle / Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    An update on these forgeries.

Ebay removed the auction.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This listing (220365266581) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
    Sammy......

I'm just curious......Did you ever call this guy? Did you ever have a question and answer session with him (John)?

Or, did you just appeal to the Gen-Y idiots at ebay, who have as much experience in identifying fraudulent forged baseballs as President Obama does at balancing our Federal Budget?

You seem to have been successful at getting ebay to have shut down the auction. Maybe you had a bunch of your buddies notify them they "believe" it is a bad ball. That amounts to nothing......ebay has no clue. They do this kind of thing to all kinds of auctions they shouldn't have touched.......and, they let some auctions which are laughable fraud continue to their conclusion.

Personally, I have no interest in the guy this thread is about, or his company. All I can say is I have dealt with him, and have actually performed a signing for him in the past, and he was nothing but the utmost in class and integrity in the way he ran his business, and in everything he sold. I absolutely can't believe he would RISK IT ALL, the YEARS of selling his in-person obtained signed items by the superstars to "off" one bad ball. Doesn't fit his personality.

But if you feel the need to be Sherlock Holmes, with really no other proof than just your own opinion....hey, dive in partner!!

Ebay relies on other opinions to cancel auctions. They have two parties that look at the autographs and, if they deem them questionable, then ebay cancels the auction. It does not mean the autographs are bad, but the companies that look at the autographs are the most respected when it comes to sports authentication. So, whether Sammy had 200 of his friends write in that the ball was bad or not would have no reflection on the ball. The companies looked at the ball and had enough questions about the autographs that they cancelled it. To have no opinion or stake in the ball or this person, you sure are opinionated about it and attack Sammy for no reason other than he gave his opinion that the autographs were not authentic. By the way...the autographs were not authentic.

Banned

Hey partner,

Your friend doesn't answer e-mail.

I don't work for eBay, and I had no interest in contacting eBay.

The reason I do this is to warn fellow GUU members / readers.

Know what you are talking about, before you make a fool out of yourself publicly.