Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Winter Storm 2010 - Who Is Getting Hit?

My woodpecker was having fun on one of my trees.

Name:  winter_storm1.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  winter_storm2.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  61.6 KB

One of my cars is buried.

Name:  winter_storm3.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  22.5 KB

Only 29 inches!

Name:  winter_storm4.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  21.8 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Looking at the pictures you are posting makes me wonder how you do it. 65 degrees in Hawaii is a cold day!! But looking at all that snow, how do you people function.... the warmest things I own are a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Good luck to all that are being cursed with snow!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    Looking at the pictures you are posting makes me wonder how you do it. 65 degrees in Hawaii is a cold day!! But looking at all that snow, how do you people function.... the warmest things I own are a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Good luck to all that are being cursed with snow!!
    Hey Scott,

I am in the same boat as you here in California. I obtain from complaining when its cold here especially since many coworkers were raised back east. One cool thing when it rains here that means 1.5 hours away for snowboarding when you want it.

At my old company we had some tech people working on third party application visit us from Canada. After seeing how informal our attire was, some in jeans and sweaters, you know what the Canadians wore the rest of the week in abnormal 55 degree weather. Shorts and polo shirts.

Regards,

Joel
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I got Stuck at Work And had to Spend The Night there because of The Storm.I Work at A Bar And it has been Packed with People.Most Walked there.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I got Stuck at Work And had to Spend The Night there because of The Storm.I Work at A Bar And it has been Packed with People.Most Walked there.
    Geoff - Good community service! Probably a lot with no power where they live.

We have no power in our neighborhood so for us and the few homes with generators, it is a ghost town so I know a few of our neighbors went to hotels.

Hope you get home soon and get some sleep!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Geoff - Good community service! Probably a lot with no power where they live.

We have no power in our neighborhood so for us and the few homes with generators, it is a ghost town so I know a few of our neighbors went to hotels.

Hope you get home soon and get some sleep!
    Being a food service provider in a hospital in Baltimore, this has been not fun to say the least. I was supposed to be off on Friday worked from 3:00 pm - Midnight and then 5:00 am Saturday until 9:00 pm and back in again today at 5:00 am and I am hoping, hoping to get out by 6:00 pm tonight.

I have lived on the east coast all my life in Southcentral PA and I have never seen anything like the sheer stupidity of my staff. Everyone was told on Wednesday to expect the worst and get the hell into work and I was down 22 people on Saturday morning when I walked in the door. It was a complete nightmare and has not stopped since until about 1 hour ago. Trying to get caught up and get the hell home.

I repetedly ask myself why I was stupid enough that I did not stay in school and have now cursed myself to this miserable existence.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    I can't understand what that must do to your commerce. Business must come to a crawl with the landscape buried in white like that?? Man, what a winter, I feel for you all. It gets cold here in Vegas, but rarely do we see any snow.

Nice woodpecker!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    Being a food service provider in a hospital in Baltimore, this has been not fun to say the least. I was supposed to be off on Friday worked from 3:00 pm - Midnight and then 5:00 am Saturday until 9:00 pm and back in again today at 5:00 am and I am hoping, hoping to get out by 6:00 pm tonight.

I have lived on the east coast all my life in Southcentral PA and I have never seen anything like the sheer stupidity of my staff. Everyone was told on Wednesday to expect the worst and get the hell into work and I was down 22 people on Saturday morning when I walked in the door. It was a complete nightmare and has not stopped since until about 1 hour ago. Trying to get caught up and get the hell home.

I repetedly ask myself why I was stupid enough that I did not stay in school and have now cursed myself to this miserable existence.
    Hang in there Brett.

Eventually the snow will melt. And then you'll be able to register for some summer courses at a local J.C., and soon enough you will see that light at the end of that tunnel, called a diploma!

It's never too late to change your career. I would suggest you use this down time in the economy to persue that goal. It'll be another year or three before we get rolling again economically. I see a tassel in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Genke View Post
    Hang in there Brett.

Eventually the snow will melt. And then you'll be able to register for some summer courses at a local J.C., and soon enough you will see that light at the end of that tunnel, called a diploma!

It's never too late to change your career. I would suggest you use this down time in the economy to persue that goal. It'll be another year or three before we get rolling again economically. I see a tassel in your future.

Need further education have a worthless BA in Political Science with minors in American History and Philosophy/Religion. Yeah, I really thought that one through 20 years ago when starting college. I am hoping to go back to school at some point soon and work on an MBA or other Masters. Talk about stupid career choices, been in food service on and off for 20 plus years and it sucks. That is what I get for not seeking out advise from other experts and thinking that just getting a college degree in something would prove worthwhile.

I am 37 years old and often feel like I am 57. I have spent 20 years working 75 plus hour weeks commuting 2 - 4 hours per day on top of that to and from work and all I can say is to this point, I have really made some poor career choices but have nobody to blame but myself.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Here we go again at Jersey Shore Snow Central. It's been coming down like crazy since last night. This is starting to get ridiculous!