Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Buyer Beware: Sticky Residue and Use Added to Bagwell Bat

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    He also told me that he only had one more jersey in his possession that was a 2003 gamer. Now there are two??? Something just doesn't add up here.
    Frik,

I don't have to disclose any and all items to you! I can lie about what I have, I can hype up my items, I can change my mind, I can choose to sell, I can choose to make as much profit as I want! You can disagree all day long and tell me I am wrong, but I cna still do what I want.

Does it make you feel better if I show you and tell you everything I own! Fine! So I won't be accused of lying about something else! Here you go! Do you want me to post pics of the 18 Bagwell bats too? If not, you might not believe me! What else do you want to see? Do you want me to disclose price of every item or who I bought it from, the date, how I paid, etc.

Name:  DSCF1763.JPG
Views: 521
Size:  167.2 KB

Name:  DSCF1764.JPG
Views: 507
Size:  205.9 KB

Here is the email that Chris sent. I don't know how to be more clear.
    Isn't posting a private convo a bootable offense on here?

I say get out the boot

We don't need bitter trouble makers on here
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

The Bagwell jersey retirement program clearly shows Jeff Bagewll with a SAM bat resting on his shoulder.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    Isn't posting a private convo a bootable offense on here?

I say get out the boot

We don't need bitter trouble makers on here
    Yeah, I am a trouble maker, for proving that someone is lying. I just want collectors to know before people doctor bats. And I posted this not out of bitterness, but out of a serious concern for other Bagwell collectors. I want people to be ethical.

It's not about how much stuff you have...it's about what kind of a person you are.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

Chris:
    You have a self admitted history of bat doctoring (Pujols) why should you be given the benefit of the doubt? You did it at least once before with no repercussions. What would make you stop?
    sarahsdad

I hate when people even add the smallest amount of pine tar to a bat. Whats with adding new tar its not like the player ever touched it or something.

And i think it is fine that frikativ54 posted the emails, because he is looking out for us. And with eGameUsed past history of selling fake/altered bats i believe he was trying pull a quick one with the description and all.

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    Frik,

Why don't we take this little battle off this forum. The bat with the use was the "OTHER" one, the Easton Stix bat that you requested pictures of. So . . . you are confused and I have to take all this heat.

How about this, I will give you the stupid Sam bat. Free of charge. Is that what you want. Or, are you still upset that I wouldn't sell you the hard protective shell, or the gold/black turf cleats, or the red/black Kile tribute cleats. You offered me $1200 for a pair of cleats I told you I paid $300 for!!!!!!!!! I still refused! I am out for money, then I sell them. I am a collector and have been so for over 20 years. I am not going to let you take me down just because you are bitter! You build your collection over 20 years and then you can come after people!
    I am out for the little guy here. If I really wanted to buy stuff from you, I would have let this one slide - but I can't be a decent human being, if I allow others to get ripped off. Honestly, not everyone is in the business for 20 years. Not everyone collects for 20 years. I don't even intend to collect for 20 years; I have more important and more valuable things in my life. I just want the average human being to know what he's getting himself into before buying bats at extremely high prices from questionable sources that were supposed to be game used. The world would be a better place if people put ethics above profits.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

The Bagwell jersey retirement program clearly shows Jeff Bagewll with a SAM bat resting on his shoulder.
    Yes, you are correct. It is just liked the pictures I sent you of a the bat you asked for pictures of. It DOES NOT have any pine tar. As clearly seen in the pictures, only the Easton Stix bat has pine tar. The e-mail you are showing screen shots, sent from my blackberry with pictures attached, taken with a cheap Fujifilm Finepix camera (my throw away quick download camera that doesn't have to come out of the case like my Nikon), with 2 GB SD memory card, transfered to my blackberry via a Belkin multi-card reader. I then composed an e-mail, and then added a file, and hit send.

The e-mail from my blackberry states:

Leslie,

Here are pics. The Sam bat does have a few signs of light use, including a couple of ball marks, and some slight tacky tar around the center brand. The bat has the PSA/DNA sticker attached on the back of the barrel. The letter states the bat to be from 1997-98, but I believe more like 1996-97. The Sam bat shows virtually no use, but does have rack marks and a dull scuff at the end of the barrel. It dates to 2003. It looks like the bat he is using on the cover of the Astros program from his jersey retirement game.

Thanks,

Chris

I am sure you think I am making this all up, but why would I. Clearly in my retyped e-mail above, I refer to the Sam bat twice, yet I sent you pictures of both a Easton/Stix bat and Sam bat.

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    Yes, you are correct. It is just liked the pictures I sent you of a the bat you asked for pictures of. It DOES NOT have any pine tar. As clearly seen in the pictures, only the Easton Stix bat has pine tar. The e-mail you are showing screen shots, sent from my blackberry with pictures attached, taken with a cheap Fujifilm Finepix camera (my throw away quick download camera that doesn't have to come out of the case like my Nikon), with 2 GB SD memory card, transfered to my blackberry via a Belkin multi-card reader. I then composed an e-mail, and then added a file, and hit send.

The e-mail from my blackberry states:

Leslie,

Here are pics. The Sam bat does have a few signs of light use, including a couple of ball marks, and some slight tacky tar around the center brand. The bat has the PSA/DNA sticker attached on the back of the barrel. The letter states the bat to be from 1997-98, but I believe more like 1996-97. The Sam bat shows virtually no use, but does have rack marks and a dull scuff at the end of the barrel. It dates to 2003. It looks like the bat he is using on the cover of the Astros program from his jersey retirement game.

Thanks,

Chris

I am sure you think I am making this all up, but why would I. Clearly in my retyped e-mail above, I refer to the Sam bat twice, yet I sent you pictures of both a Easton/Stix bat and Sam bat.
    I never received such an email. Why can't you admit you lied and try to be a more ethical seller in the future. Perhaps you can get back some of the customers you've lost over the years.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

I am out for the little guy here. If I really wanted to buy stuff from you, I would have let this one slide - but I can't be a decent human being, if I allow others to get ripped off. Honestly, not everyone is in the business for 20 years. Not everyone collects for 20 years. I don't even intend to collect for 20 years; I have more important and more valuable things in my life. I just want the average human being to know what he's getting himself into before buying bats at extremely high prices from questionable sources that were supposed to be game used. The world would be a better place if people put ethics above profits.
    Frik,

Please send me an e-mail with your shipping address and I will send you the Bagwell Sam bat FREE of charge! You can keep it! You have made me hate the bat! When you receive it, I ask that you review the bat and look for any sign of use, tar, sign of tar, etc. Look for ball marks too. Also, look for the scuff and bat rack marks too. Take your own photos of it and send them to Scott Brosius, the one I bought it from on eBay. Ask to see if it appears as they sold it to me. If you would like I will pay for you to send it back to Scott Brosius for inspection. I will pay all fees. Once you have made your own decision, I request toy report back to the forum your thoughts on the bat. Again, the bat is yours to keep! Do we have a deal? If so, I will ship the bat to you first thing Monday morning.

I want to prove I am not as bad as people think. I have made mistakes and I owned up to them. This won't clear me, but at least you can let the forum members know here I did not modify this bat.