Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hey ya' all ! A Rusty Kuntz bat !

I love this guys name! Want to get yourself in the dog house with your wife, say this guys name out loud a few times.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-DETROIT-TIG...ayphotohosting
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Re: Hey ya' all ! A Rusty Kuntz bat !

I'm sorry, I know alot of Rusty Kuntz...you'll have to be more specific!

Extremely tuff bat for those who want it... I have one.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Is that seller a member on here? Just because a player was on the 1968 and 1984 teams, doesnt necessary mean the bat is from that year.

You are so correct Nate. There is a seller, tonci on ebay, selling the whole Tigers collection. There have been several bats he has said were from 68 or 84 and they were not. Some of the ebay auctions always seem to have the same buyers incing the auctions up as well, but not winning. Some may call it shilling, but I didn't...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Interesting.

I know one bat in particular they had a month or so ago was a Kirk Gibson that he listed as a 1984 bat. With "Detroit Tigers" underneath Gibsons name, it was quite obvious the bat was from 93-95.

I told the seller this, yet he did nothing. And also continues to list bats from 1968 and 1984.

I think the seller is probably aware that the bats are not necessarily from those specifics years, and to be fair the seller does not state that they are in the description (just the title). My guess is that the seller is trying to get search hits off of people typing in "1984 Tigers" and "1968 Tigers".

I am not defending the technique, and realize there can be a real difference in value.

I gave up on the seller when I say the same names bidding up the stuff but not winning. I should report it...
    ROBERT KOPPEL

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    I think the seller is probably aware that the bats are not necessarily from those specifics years, and to be fair the seller does not state that they are in the description (just the title). My guess is that the seller is trying to get search hits off of people typing in "1984 Tigers" and "1968 Tigers".

I am not defending the technique, and realize there can be a real difference in value.
    Oh yeah, definitely wants more views to their auctions! Though its not in the descriptions, it is in the titles. If its in the title, then it should still be listed correctly.

Thats very misleading.

By the way, there was a player in the 50's with the name Rusty Peters; perhaps he and Rusty Kuntz should get together?

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com