Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: eBay Has Gone To Hell In A Hand Basket!!!

I had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago with some Marlins Mitchell and Ness throwback jerseys. They were sold in the Marlins team store when they did a turn back the clock night. I coudnt get an answer as to the problem. I even wrote numerous times with the proof that they were authentic and still nothing. THese were essentially game issued jerseys with the same tagging confirmed with Kyle Hess' Juan Encarnacion jersey from that night but I was warned. Now I have these jerseys (autographed and JSA authenticated) but no way to sell them.

Put them on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    By no means am I a 'DEALER.' I'm just a smuck with a big pocket and good contacts....
    You are not a dealer. That is the point. The jersey's did not get released yet to the smaller dealers, so hence, you are selling a product that the NFL knows to be unlicensed, since they have not been released and the only way to get them is through NFL.com.

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    I'm confused by your post: I agree that ebay is getting very "seller-unfriendly," but ebay rules are VERY clear that you cannot make buyers pay any of your selling fees. Didn't you know that going in? If I put a sign in my store saying "no shirt, no shoes, no service," and you walk in barefoot, would I really be out of line asking you to leave?

Also, you said twice that you were "only selling the item to raise money," as if ebay should've allowed you to break their rules (and cost them money, they aren't a charity, last I looked) so you can fulfill your wish to raise money. Why else would you be selling on ebay, other than to raise money?? Am I missing something?

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

But Ken.......

Yes, I knew their "policy".

But listen.....Who in the f&$k is EBAY to tell a seller who is using their service what to charge for an item?

Don't you see...I was not saying "I am rufusing to pay paypal's fees, so if you want to use their service, YOU pay them!". No...this is very different. Even if the result is the SAME. I don't understand why people can't get the reasoning behind this?

If I clearly state in an auction, "I am selling this (enter for whatever reason, that's not important) and I want payment in the form of a personal check, cashier's check, or money order....", then that's IT!

But then I take it one step further, to try to be a decent and user friendly ebay seller, and I offer up "But if you want to use paypal because of the extra added buyer's protection they offer, then I will accept it. All I ask is that you pay the additional fee incurred, based on the closing auction price."

Now please don't come at me with the obvious.....YES, I know, ebay has a policy that states you can't pass along paypals fees to a buyer.

My argument stands on it's merit. I was not, am not, trying to get the buyer to pay for fees I NORMALLY would have. I already stated, essentially, that this is a NO-PAYPAL auction...BUT, if that's the something you just MUST have, then reimburse me because I AM GOING TO PAY PAYPAL for it.

Don't you see? I am paying paypal. I am PAYING the darn service! I AM....not the buyer......I AM....it is automatically TAKEN from my proceeds when the payer pays for the item!

So why if I make it perfectly clear....now listen Ken.....if I make it perfectly clear this is the CHOICE OF THE BUYER in INSISTING on using PAYPAL on my auction which I STATE I PREFER THEY NOT BE used....that they should pay whatever amount is taken from me (again....I payed for it!) THAT I WAS FORCED TO PAY PAYPAL by offering their service to the buyer.....with his/her understanding that using paypal, which was HIS/HER CHOICE KNOWING THE ADDITIONAL FEES INCURRED BY THE BUYER WILL BE PAID BY THE SELLER, BUT REIMBURSED BY THE BUYER.............will result in this request.

Don't you get it???????

ebay gets their normal part of fee as on any auction...

paypal is not involved when they normally wouldn't have been, so they will get THEIR fees from the seller automatically......

......and HERE is THE RUB.....

AFTER THAT POINT, WHO IN THE HELL IS EBAY TO TELL THE BUYER AND SELLER HOW TO HANDLE THE REST OF THE TRANSACTION? THEY HAVE ALREADY MADE THEIR FEES WHICH IS WHY THEY ARE IN BUSINESS......WHY BE USER UNFRIENDLY IF BOTH SIDES TOTALLY AGREE WITH HOW THE REST OF THE TRANSACTION IS BEING HANDLED???????????

They suck......I hate them......the idiots employed there that make these rules are all imbeciles with no business sense, no ability to reason, and are user-UNFRIENDLY. The only solice I can take from it is that they are losing millions of dollars because guys like me that won't put up with that kind of stupid mentality REFUSE TO USE THEM ANYMORE!

I hope you see it my way......because if you don't, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    Trust and Safety handles items that are not licensed. The NFL has people watching ebay as do other companies such as Coach, Harley Davidson, Monster, RockStar, etc. If you are selling any items that even look like they are not licensed, they whack the listing. If you relist the items, they suspend your account. If you have other accounts under the same household, - like your wife's account, they suspend those too.

Obviously Reebok has not released that jersey to the small dealers for the public yet. It has probably for sale through NFL.com as well as the Bears pro shop, so when you listed them, WHACK, they know or assume that they are pirated - unlicensed and that you applied the numbers, etc yourself. That is why the Forte did not get whacked. Same thing if you were to list Stafford Detroit jerseys.

Now your account is red flagged, and once you are reinstated, if you stray from the straight and narrow path - WHAM - you are gone.

Speaking from experience. I feel for you with the money that is out there on your jerseys. Wait a couple months, and after you can buy them in every Foot Locker in the Country, then you can relist and get rid of them. You won't make a fortune on them like you could now, but you will eventually get rid of them.
    There's your answer Triple xXx......

Maybe you should have flew a little under the radar and not come out with such an ilicit auction.....but I feel your pain. You try to jump in the mix, and make a buck, and they are there to shut you down. It's a harsh reality.......but this is over and above ebay's rules.

In this particular case, I'm not sure it's an ebay "policy" thing you're breaking.....it's a policy they have to adhere to for THEM to stay in business.....not necessarilly a "rule" they made up that you are breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    I will even throw in my buyer terms and conditions.......

PAYMENTS:
    Ø PLEASE SEE LISTING DETAILS FOR ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS
    Ø All payments must be made within 7 days from the end of the listing.
    Ø If your payment is not received in 7 days we will open a UNPAID ITEM STRIKE against you, and report you to eBay IMMEDIATELY.

SHIPPING & HANDLING:
    Ø All postage costs will be calculated based on your zip code.
    Ø We charge $1.00 handling fee for up to 2 lbs. and .75c for each additional lb.
    Ø International fees are doubled.
    ØInsurance is optional, but recommended.
    Ø WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR DAMAGED ITEMS IF YOU CHOSE NOT TO INSURE YOUR ITEM.

RETURN POLICY:
    Ø We offer a no hassle, no questions asked, money back guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not 100% satisfied with your item, you may return it for up to 7 days. Simply e-mail us and let us know that you will be returning your item. Please be sure to include the item number from the listing. Once the item arrives back to us in its original condition, we will then contact you in regards to your refund.

BIDDING POLICY:
    Ø If you cannot accept our terms & conditions – DO NOT BID!
    Ø If you have a feedback rating of 5 or less, OR, you have a feedback score of 95% or less, you must contact us before you bid.
    Ø If you do not contact us first, your bids will be removed & you will be blocked from our auctions.
    Ø If you have 2 UNPAID ITEM STRIKES in the past 12 months, you will be blocked from our auctions.
    ØIf you have had 4 or more POLICY VIOLATIONS in the past 6 months, you will be blocked from our auctions.

FEEDBACK POLICY:
    Ø If you have any problems, what so ever with your item, please contact us before you post feedback. We are here to work with you and your satisfaction is our guarantee.
    Ø Once you have posted feedback for us, we will kindly do so for you.

I generally offer free Priority Shipping with delivery confirmation. Express is available at the buyers expense. I have no hidden fees, or anything else of that nature. This is the same wording that I have used on all my listings since day one.

This is pure BULLSHIT they are pulling!
    By the time that I finished reading all of your terms and conditions, I'd have forgotten what it was I was bidding on, and the auction would have ended. What a buzz killer, man.

Triple xXx,

That tutorial they had you painfully go through? What did it cover?

After reviewing your shipping fees, I see you may have a type of "open-ended" shipping charge based on weight.

I have no idea, but could this be the policy buster? You have a set charge for a 2-lb. box, but then charge .75 for every pound incriment increase.

Maybe they feel you might be using cinder blocks as shipping peanuts to jack up the money you're making on shipping??

I know you don't state this in your auction, but sellers are no longer allowed to accept checks or money orders as payment, period. That is their policy and as I found out the hard way (canceled auctions), you can no longer state that you accept these forms of payment. You can only accept Paypal or other approved forms of electonic payment.

Just for those of you who don't know this. Like I said, I found out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    paypal is not involved when they normally wouldn't have been, so they will get THEIR fees from the seller automatically......
    DANG!!......I hate when I do this.....I MADE A TYPO......

See the underlined word "not" should have been "now".......sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    I know you don't state this in your auction, but sellers are no longer allowed to accept checks or money orders as payment, period. That is their policy and as I found out the hard way (canceled auctions), you can no longer state that you accept these forms of payment. You can only accept Paypal or other approved forms of electonic payment.

Just for those of you who don't know this. Like I said, I found out the hard way.
    Are you SERIOUS BULBUS?

That, folks, is proof positive that I haven't used them in a long while.

Thanks, BULBUS, I was completely unaware of that.

Now I hate em even more.......