Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: A-Rod-Selena Roberts Book

yes it is in the book as well.

how much does this book affect his consideration for the Hall of Fame, if any?

Some of it will depend on whether the book has credibility or not. Is it balanced or is it just collecting every negative comment the writer can find like the he wouldn't tip more than 15% crap. As I understand it Canseco makes it appear ARod started using PED's after he got to the majors. That would make it appear the allegations of drug use in high school aren't true. If he and the coach deny it and it rests on some player back then what is the player's credibility? I won't prejudge the book, but I will be interested to see whether it is one of those books where the writer assembles every negative thing they can find about a person whether the source is credible or not in order to sell a hit job book.

Banned

have any of you gotten the chance to read Jeff Pearlman's The Rocket That Fell to Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by quiggle28 View Post
    yes it is in the book as well.

how much does this book affect his consideration for the Hall of Fame, if any?
    have you read the book or is your info from news article on the web?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Well according to ESPN in the book about A-Rod by Selena Roberts, it says he may have taken steroids in high school. And they also said in the book that A-Rod and Kevin Brown took steroids in 2004, with scources from two yankees. I was going to defend him but if this stuff is true forget him. Do you think these rumors could affect his game used prices more.
    in regard to high school steroids, a-rod said this awhile back

"When I was a junior in high school I bench pressed 310 pounds. Today I probably bench press about 240 or 250. You know, funny enough I did it because I played football and I played quarterback and the big challenge was if you bench press 300 pounds, you get to get this letterman jacket with white sleeves. I got up to 300 pounds, I got up to 310 pounds bench press and some of the guys know me because I played with some of these guys and they will attest to that."
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    have you read the book or is your info from news article on the web?
    news articles from the web, do you not take their word for it?

If Hooters' or any others servers publicly comment on how much their patrons tip, they deserve 0% tip.

And the 300 pound bench press proves what? When I was a junior in college a number of years back I bench pressed 265. I guarantee all I trained on was protein and vitamins. If I could do 265 with my lack of athletic ability and size compared to ARod's I guarantee he could have easily done over 300 in high school without drugs.

I heard high school steroid usage makes it difficult to calculate higher than 15% later in life.

I think A-Rod should go on television with Katie Couric and deny these new reports.