Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Yankee pitcher Chien-Ming "Got Wanged" tonight vs Red Sox

It must be Ortiz's new "Eyedrops". I still think it's pretty sad the red sox can only beat the yankees. Tough luck we did not take 5 from the 8 because your team would be in 3rd.

ok, riddle me this Batman.....

The Red Sox and Yankees have virtually identical records, save for the past 2 games.

This means, the only team that Yankees are having a real problem with are the Red Sox. The Red Sox, on the other hand, can't really beat much of anyone else in the AL, aside from the Yankees.

Guess which one will have a better record come September?

The Red Sox can't play the Yankees every day. Enjoy your 0-8. It'll make for good conversation when you are watching the Yankees in the playoffs on tv.

Sox have made three west coast trips. Yanks zero.

Who's your Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by FENWAY View Post
    Sox have made three west coast trips. Yanks zero.

Who's your Daddy

If we remove the 8 games from either side, as if they were never played....

The Red Sox would be 28-24

The Yankees would be 34-18

I'm your daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    If we remove the 8 games from either side, as if they were never played....

The Red Sox would be 28-24

The Yankees would be 34-18

I'm your daddy.

Why would we remove those 8 games? I went to one of the games in April, does that mean I really didn't go?? If you pick 8 games that the yankees lost to not count, can I pick 8 games that the Sox lost to not count?? The argument is foolish. One team has beaten the other 8 straight times and is 2 games up in the standings- bottom line. If it were the other way around I'm sure Yankee fans would be chirping about it.
    k

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    Why would we remove those 8 games? I went to one of the games in April, does that mean I really didn't go?? If you pick 8 games that the yankees lost to not count, can I pick 8 games that the Sox lost to not count?? The argument is foolish. One team has beaten the other 8 straight times and is 2 games up in the standings- bottom line. If it were the other way around I'm sure Yankee fans would be chirping about it.
    k
    The point is, to illustrate how well each team did against the rest of the league. Sox fans are all over this 0-8 thing but fail to realize that their record against everyone else is not so stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    The point is, to illustrate how well each team did against the rest of the league. Sox fans are all over this 0-8 thing but fail to realize that their record against everyone else is not so stellar.
    Oh- that still makes no sense. I'd rather my team be 8-0 against their rival and 2 games up overall, regardless of how they do in other games, but that's just me. I guess Yankee fans have to pretend games don't happen to soften the news.

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    Oh- that still makes no sense. I'd rather my team be 8-0 against their rival and 2 games up overall, regardless of how they do in other games, but that's just me. I guess Yankee fans have to pretend games don't happen to soften the news.
    typical...

Wang's useful MLB career is basically over at this point. I said after last season that if he didn't pick it up quickly, 2008 would be the last we'd see of him pitching at a respectable level.

Every study into what single thing can best predict what will cause a pitcher to have wild fluctuations in year-to-year performance and a short career comes back to strikeouts. It's pretty elementary to think about; if a pitcher strikes out very few batters, he's putting a ton of balls into play. Unless he's a sinkerball pitcher who watches hitters mash balls into the ground, inevitably he's going to get hit hard.

The only exception to the study, by the way, is Lew Burdette. Then again, he never walked anybody and also led the league in hits allowed three times and earned runs twice.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Vintage-I got to give you credit for trying.But remember,as fish got to swim,and birds got to fly, haters have to hate.So you can't make sense to "haters".And certainly can't try to make a logical point to "homers".Because thier team can do no wrong.So it's pointless to even try to have a logical discussion with them.Might as well talk to the wall.All you're going to get are insults from them.But you get a "A" for effort.