Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Would Love A Response From Moderators!!!

Yeah,i am right with you on this.Again a fellow member asks a serious question and get's silliness in return.I mean what does wanting to hear from a moderator about a problem have to do with with freakin' cars.Is this a game used sports forum or a car forum.I am sure theres one of those,go on it and talk about your cars.Or start your own thread to talk about it.Oh,i'm sorry,i am suppose to lighten up.Forget all i just wrote.Just joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    i Appreciate Everyone Hi Jacking My Thread

im So Glad Everyone Is So Keen On Forum Violations!!!

Joba ~

When the answer "42" was given, Suave seemed to be in on the joke and knew the book the answer referenced. When he laughed at it, we assumed he enjoyed the obscure reference and we all took part in adding to the same joke.

We may have been mistaken that he knew the reference and apologize for what looked like hijacking if Suave didn't know the book. We thought he was approving since he laughed at it. I am sure all of us apologize for misunderstanding that.

Banned

Hello Cordova,

Actually I don't know how you felt that I knew what the reference was too. He made a joke referencing a number and I thought it was funny that he threw out a random number as an "answer"
    I even said that is not quite the answer I was looking for but I did laugh because he was abviously trying to make light of the situation since he saw I was a bit frustrated.

But I am not sure how that is an invitation to hijack a thread becuz someone laughs.

I am not mad and I feel for the most part almost everything has been resolved between me and the moderators.

I was just a bit surprised for someone who is big on forum violations would commit one herself.

Hello Cordova,

Actually I don't know how you felt that I knew what the reference was too. He made a joke referencing a number and I thought it was funny that he threw out a random number as an "answer"
    I even said that is not quite the answer I was looking for but I did laugh because he was abviously trying to make light of the situation since he saw I was a bit frustrated.

But I am not sure how that is an invitation to hijack a thread becuz someone laughs.

I am not mad and I feel for the most part almost everything has been resolved between me and the moderators.

I was just a bit surprised for someone who is big on forum violations would commit one herself.
    Suave ~

I honestly and sincerely apologize to you because this did become a blatant hijack. I am very sorry for having partipated.

When you laughed at "42" we mistakely thought you knew that was a joke from a book pretty much only "nerdy" people like me and a few others that chimed in have read. Since it is rare that people know about the "42" answer and you laughed at it, we misunderstood that as your approval and being in on the joke. And when we saw Chris answered, we assumed again that your question was resolved and that you would enjoy other (stupid) references to the book if you liked the first.
    In Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, 42 is the number from which all meaning ("the meaning of life, the universe, and everything") could be derived.
    I do see how bad this looked now that we know you didn't know what "42" was, and because of that it sure looked like we were disrespecting you.

Again, I apologize. Sincerely!! And I'll make sure I won't be that careless again. I appreciate you and I appreciate this forum. I'm sorry my posts (and I) disrespected both of you.

Banned

Cordova its all good im not mad see im smiling

Sauve ~

You are a sweetheart! And I thank you.

That's why nerds should not try to be comedians ... very small audience. I am sure it will not surprise you that the only show on TV that I find remotely funny is Big Bang Theory. And I'm an Old Lady from the days of Sid Ceasar, Red Skelton, the Marx Brothers, ....... oy.

In your honor, this weekend I will watch all my DVR recordings I have stored of Baseball's Golden Memories instead of Big Bang reruns.

Banned

Cordova believe it or not Bing Bang Theory I thought was hysterical.

Red Skelton very funny.

One comedian who I think was one of the funniest of all time wasRe Buttons. He ended everything he said with "even he didn't get a dinner"

On of his funniest jokes was about Joe Torre.

Red Buttons
    * Joe Torre, who switched to first base because he didn't want to go through life as Chicken Catcher Torre. Never got a dinner!

Hitchhiker's Guide? What's this nonsense?

I thought Suave was asking what number Jackie Robinson wore.....42!

(I think that I hijacked it again....darn, I hate when I do that...sorry)

Banned

Vintage believe it or not when I first read your reply for a split second I actually thought you might have been referring to Mariano Rivera.

As him being the answer lol

Vintage believe it or not when I first read your reply for a split second I actually thought you might have been referring to Mariano Rivera.

As him being the answer lol
    For many years, he has been the answer. They'll never be another Mo'