Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Re: February Pickups!!

Quote Originally Posted by shafrancollectibles.com View Post
    NY Yankees and NY Mets Game Used Lineup Cards from the day my son was born - 10/2/09

(If anybody has access to any MLB Authenticated items from any game on 10/2/09, please e-mail me)

great. i used to check on the back of baseball cards to see if any player had my birthday. maybe this will get your son interested in the hobby sometime in the future
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by murfsteve25 View Post
    Just paid the final payment for this. Picked up from Zane Burns. Great video match from game 4 of the 95 world series.
    great pick up, steve. was this one of your white whales?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    Very happy with my latest aquisition to my Jayson Werth collection. Big THANK YOU to "The King" Bob Koppel aka skyking. Bob was great to work with and is a pleasure to communicate with. Always looking for game used Jayson Werth items.
    congrats. i notice some good markings for photomatching. should be fun matching it.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by sicollector1954 View Post
    Here is my latest-greatest pick up. It is a 1951-55 Ted Williams W 166 game used bat. It is 35 inches in length and currently weighs 29.7 oz. (probably was a 32 oz. bat years ago) It is uncracked and was originally given to a Fenway Park vendor many years ago by Williams himself. The vendor in turn awarded the bat to his grandson (now 45) on his 16th birthday and that is where I got it from. The bat is uncracked and shows lots of use including ball marks, rack marks and cleat marks everywhere. The number 9 is still visible under a black light on the knob as well. I purchased the bat by flying to Boston, MA. Problem was a thing called "Homeland Security" when I got ready to fly back to Illinois. The bat is considered a weapon by law and I was not allowed to board having it in my possession. Luckily, I brought along a FED EX shipping container and packed it securely. It then went below the plane as a bag. After arriving back--I had to hope beyond hope that it popped up on the baggage claim carousel. I am relieved to say it did and not has a nice home with my other game used bats.
    congrats on a special purchase. cant get any better than a vintage williams bat. good info on not being able to hand carry a bat.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Not a new acquisition, but added the signature. I had read all the horror stories about Kirk Gibson before and was apprehensive to even attempt to get my bat signed. He was doing a free signing at the Grand Rapids Griffins (AHL) hockey game tonight and decided to take a shot. I had my story straight and ready if he said anything, but he just grabbed the bat and signed!

My wife's attempt at a proof picture

Glad to get this done!

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    Not a new acquisition, but added the signature. I had read all the horror stories about Kirk Gibson before and was apprehensive to even attempt to get my bat signed. He was doing a free signing at the Grand Rapids Griffins (AHL) hockey game tonight and decided to take a shot. I had my story straight and ready if he said anything, but he just grabbed the bat and signed!

My wife's attempt at a proof picture

Glad to get this done!
    Lucky freebie; he signed in Detroit area 2 weeks ago for $49.00.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shafrancollectibles.com View Post
    NY Yankees and NY Mets Game Used Lineup Cards from the day my son was born - 10/2/09

(If anybody has access to any MLB Authenticated items from any game on 10/2/09, please e-mail me)

congrats on the great pick ups, where does everyone get these lineup cards? id love to get one from the day i joined the air force.

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    Mattingly Brand Bat - Giambi name on barrel - Damon 18 on knob with smiley face

If anyone has any Mattingly brand bats for sale, let me know.

Thanks
    Tom
    Tom,

I like the Mattingly brand bats too. I keep looking, but the only one I've found so far is his son Prestons bat from the Dodgers. Picked it up for 30 bucks on Ebay.

Name:  P1010286.JPG
Views: 576
Size:  424.6 KB

Name:  P1010277.JPG
Views: 524
Size:  417.6 KB

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    congrats on the great pick ups, where does everyone get these lineup cards? id love to get one from the day i joined the air force.
    either steiner or mlb auctions. you can probably call a steiner rep and ask for a lineup card for whatever date and they can look it up in their inventory.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    Tom,

I like the Mattingly brand bats too. I keep looking, but the only one I've found so far is his son Prestons bat from the Dodgers. Picked it up for 30 bucks on Ebay.

Attachment 34804

Attachment 34803

Chris
    Chris,

Very nice! The only other one I remember seeing was an Andy Phillips bat. I missed bidding on it and it too went for around $30. They are pretty neat!

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth