Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Alex Rodriguez Official Thread

Here is my Alex Rodriguez collection. I collect baseballs that were hit by A-Rod. The ball at top left is a Calgary Cannons HR ball that was hit and signed by A-Rod. The other 5 baseballs are BP home run balls.

I am always looking to add more A-Rod hit baseballs to my colletion.

Matt
    mjmonte1279@hotmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks like Arod has a few drinks before signing the 1994 ball

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by nycsports View Post
    Here is my Alex Rodriguez collection. I collect baseballs that were hit by A-Rod. The ball at top left is a Calgary Cannons HR ball that was hit and signed by A-Rod. The other 5 baseballs are BP home run balls.

Hi Matt,

Glad you found this thread. I believe we corresponded thru email and you collect baseballs that were actually hit by ARod. I remember you telling me it was an official PCL baseball but I don't remember you telling me it was a HR baseball.

BTW, it looks like some of your baseballs came from ballhawknet, who is a member of this forum too.

Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Hi Joel,

I remember corresponding with you a few months back. If I remember correctly, I think I e-mailed you about a 40/40 A-Rod baseball.

Yes, I have purchased some baseballs (A-Rod and other players) from Ballhawk--always great to deal with!

Great thread idea by the way! I am frequently checking it to see what other A-Rod items are out there.

Matt

I know this isn't game used, but thought some of you might like to see it. I went to a game in 1994 at my local minor league stadium - the West Michigan Whitecaps. My cousin mentioned that the Foxes had a highly touted prospect, but I had never bothered getting a minor leaguers autograph before. ARod was not signing for anybody prior to the game. I was talking to one of the relief pitchers on the Appleton Foxes and offered to "trade" him a hotdog to get me Alex's autograph on a Bobby Brown American League baseball. After some prodding he took my ball and when he came back with it signed, the pitcher told me not to worry about getting him the hotdog . I vividly remember that same pitcher getting yelled at in one of the later innings by an Appleton coach for screwing around during the game in the bullpen. Here is a picture (you cannot see the #3 he added, as the signature wraps so far around the ball):

So, what do early ARod balls like this go for? I haven't gotten it PSA'd or anything like that because I don't plan to sell it, just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    I know this isn't game used, but thought some of you might like to see it. I went to a game in 1994 at my local minor league stadium - the West Michigan Whitecaps. My cousin mentioned that the Foxes had a highly touted prospect, but I had never bothered getting a minor leaguers autograph before. ARod was not signing for anybody prior to the game. I was talking to one of the relief pitchers on the Appleton Foxes and offered to "trade" him a hotdog to get me Alex's autograph on a Bobby Brown American League baseball. After some prodding he took my ball and when he came back with it signed, the pitcher told me not to worry about getting him the hotdog . I vividly remember that same pitcher getting yelled at in one of the later innings by an Appleton coach for screwing around during the game in the bullpen. Here is a picture (you cannot see the #3 he added, as the signature wraps so far around the ball):

So, what do early ARod balls like this go for? I haven't gotten it PSA'd or anything like that because I don't plan to sell it, just curious...
    Nice Arod ball. I like Arods 94-95 signature the best. I owned 3 other balls from 94, one on a AL ball, Minor League Ball, and NL Ball. Sold them to Joel to make another purchased. Hated letting them do, but they're in another Arod collectors hands.

Here's a 1995 ball I picked up, for only $89. This was a ball Arod signed for a Doctor with the Baltimore Orioles. I love the inscription, "Doc, Thanks 4 everything save my lockers." Doc obviously hooked up Arod with more than one locker, hence Arod underlining lockers.

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Thanks, Tony! That ball seems like a steal for $89...I'm definitely hanging on to my ball.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post

Hi mbrieve,

Great hotdog story. Do you remember the pitcher's name? Early autograph baseballs of ARod go for a premium. Bobby Brown logo baseballs date to 1994 and then his signature changed by 1995 when the Bulig logo baseball came into play. Now ARod is signing inscribed baseballs saying "1st homerun 06/12/95" and "major league debut 07/08/94" on Selig logo baseballs. I just don't see the added value in these new baseballs.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Here are my 2002 and 2003 Arod Gamers. I know people dont like Texas bats, but these ones are pounded, cracked. Could never get rid of these.

Can anyone shed some light on this one..

Were the 1994 RC SPs inserted into 1997 packs all serial numbered?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Here was the item from the previous owner

1994 SP Buy Back Auto Alex Rodriguez RC Autograph UDA | eBay

Also, here is one that ended awhile ago and the description is the same inserted rc but shows a hand serial on it.

(click for more descriptions and the picture since the picture I linked became broken)
    1997 SP 1994 Vintage Buyback AUTO Alex Rodriguez ROOKIE