Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: JO Sports adding teams in 2010?

JasonBanz - I agree. If they keep their prices this way, I'd never buy anything from them, but they must not have a huge reason to lower prices since they seem to sell a lot. In another thread, it was mentioned that they don't always sell the jerseys for the prices listed on their page. Somebody indicated that you could send them an offer and they may accept it.

Banned

I do not think JO's prices are that bad on the majority of their jerseys. I have bought from them alot. They sell high quality stuff that arrives safely packaged with a nice folder that often includes photos of the player wearing the item. They have top notch customer service as well. I have bought from NFL auctions as well and JO runs rings around them in every area and NFL auctions stuff on the whole sells for higher prices. They also seem to really move their stuff particularly of the stars. They have the Jets but if you notice Sanchez, Revis and Mangold are out of stock. They have the Vikings they are out of Favre. They have the Chargers and are out of Tomlinson, Gates and down to one Rivers road jersey. They have Bears stuff but no Cutler or Urlacher left. Why should they lower their prices when they are selling their stuff? They are a business their ultimate goal like any others is too make as much money as possible.

It would be cool if they added the Bengals.
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Why should they lower their prices when they are selling their stuff? They are a business their ultimate goal like any others is too make as much money as possible.
    Reason #1: lots of dead inventory sitting....and sitting......for months on end.
    If something has been for sale for 6 months+ at $1000 with no takers, what would you do? Bet I can guess.

Reason #2: see reason #1.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I do not think JO's prices are that bad on the majority of their jerseys. I have bought from them alot. They sell high quality stuff that arrives safely packaged with a nice folder that often includes photos of the player wearing the item. They have top notch customer service as well. I have bought from NFL auctions as well and JO runs rings around them in every area and NFL auctions stuff on the whole sells for higher prices. They also seem to really move their stuff particularly of the stars. They have the Jets but if you notice Sanchez, Revis and Mangold are out of stock. They have the Vikings they are out of Favre. They have the Chargers and are out of Tomlinson, Gates and down to one Rivers road jersey. They have Bears stuff but no Cutler or Urlacher left. Why should they lower their prices when they are selling their stuff? They are a business their ultimate goal like any others is too make as much money as possible.
    I agree that they have no reason to lower prices because they move star items through relatively quickly. But, they have a lot of 2nd (or 3rd) tier players listed at like $800. Instead of lowering prices, having sales, etc, they just let them sit there. Again, if I were them, I probably wouldn't lower them either because of their success selling for the high prices. I'm just saying that as a collector (not a high-end collector), it would be nice if they had more reasonable prices.

Just my opinion...

For example, they've got 80+ Redskins GU Jerseys.... I quickly looked through and I think that only 3 or 4 are under $400. I'm talking about people that haven't been on the team (possibly the NFL) for 3 years or more and they're asking $500.

I'm honestly not bashing them, I'm just saying that if that were me, I'd be doing things a bit differently. They must have reasons for doing it that way and they seem to be pretty successful, so they don't have a real incentive to change.

I have been really interested in buying a Vikings helmet from JO Sports, but the cost has been a little too much for me to afford ($1000 to $2000). I have a modest salary and I honestly can’t afford to pay that much for a helmet at this time. But from what I can see, there are clearly some buyers who are able to afford the prices that JO Sports asks for, and I am guessing that it is these kinds of buyers that JO targets. I have also seen too that JO has been offering lower-priced game worn inventory (mostly jerseys) on Ebay at very reasonable and fair prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingshelmetguy View Post
    I have been really interested in buying a Vikings helmet from JO Sports, but the cost has been a little too much for me to afford ($1000 to $2000). I have a modest salary and I honestly can’t afford to pay that much for a helmet at this time. But from what I can see, there are clearly some buyers who are able to afford the prices that JO Sports asks for, and I am guessing that it is these kinds of buyers that JO targets. I have also seen too that JO has been offering lower-priced game worn inventory (mostly jerseys) on Ebay at very reasonable and fair prices.
    Yeah, they have a Chris Cooley 'Skins helmet from 2007 (no significance) for $3k.... don't know why anybody would spend that. Buuut, like you said, I think they target the people who just want something and price is no object. Not people who are in the hobby.

What is JO sports eBay name?

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Reason #1: lots of dead inventory sitting....and sitting......for months on end.
    If something has been for sale for 6 months+ at $1000 with no takers, what would you do? Bet I can guess.

Reason #2: see reason #1.
    It depends on how you read the market and what predictions you make about its future. I've had items that I could not sell for long periods of time that would now easily sell for triple of what I was originally asking. I wish I'd held onto these items rather than lowering their prices and moving them. I would imagine Jarrod spends an incredible amount of time watching and thinking about the football game used market and has information that few others have. Maybe Jarrod thinks that the market for his items in stock will change to his favor. This expectation could be based on a number of factors, not least of which is knowing that some collectors get tired of waiting for prices to come down and end up pulling the trigger at the seller's original asking price. Happens all the time.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

I have never purchased anything from JO Sports but I just checked their site and they have plenty of jersey's starting at 150.00 which isn't too bad. Of course they are going to charge more for the "superstar players" and so they should.

If they can get what they get (price wise) good for them. Personally it is always nice to know what you are getting is THE REAL DEAL as apposed to "thinking" you have the real deal.