Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tom, AKA Begnya is at it again with his Ryan Howard bat!

Looks like Tom, AKA Begnya has just listed his so called "rookie" Ryan Howard M9 bat on ebay under another alias, gramsval
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-06-Ryan-How...QQcmdZViewItem

The Ryan Howard bat is the same bat that he purchased earlier on ebay.

I made the below barrel photos brighter and you can see the ballmarks are exactly in the same place.

Also, look at the photo with the end of bat knob (notice the tile floor), I viewed Begnya's past auctions and he sold a Seahawks jersey on ebay, look at the left corner area of that Seahawks jersey photo, You guessed it! The exact type of tile floor. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3200139 45575

This guy is one shady character, buyers beware!

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Tom, AKA Begnya is at it again with his Ryan Howard bat!

Is this guy also known as Bagwell collector? Same bat? Also note the photo on ebay is not even Howard? and the number on knob appears to be two numbers not number 6?

I am not playing devil's advocate and not looking for an arguement, or am I missing something? Is there something wrong with reselling something on ebay? I've done it so if there is some kind of breach here I guess I am guilty too. I do see where he has created a new name for himself so is this an indication to you that he is hiding something? I guess I need a follow up on this one. I am not familiar with him or his "alias".

I think the point is- there were questions that went unanswered by the seller here when it was being offered to forum members, and then it pops up on ebay again.
    Eric

Wait, I thought Tom said that the bat had sold and was no longer for sale. Did I imagine that response?

Eric and Bobby, did Tom ever respond to either of you?

Perhaps Tom sold the bat and this is another person selling it?

I'd still like to know how one can tell that the Howard is a rookie bat.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankwood View Post
    I am not playing devil's advocate and not looking for an arguement, or am I missing something? Is there something wrong with reselling something on ebay? I've done it so if there is some kind of breach here I guess I am guilty too. I do see where he has created a new name for himself so is this an indication to you that he is hiding something? I guess I need a follow up on this one. I am not familiar with him or his "alias".
    Yankwood,

Here is the original thread:
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=4501

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Eric-
    I proved early on that this guy was bad news (see my earlier posts when he purchased a Daulton jersey on Ebay, then tries to re-sell it here as though he obtained it from the Phillies auction).

What's extremely interesting is that he has updated his Ebay Ryan Howard auction to reflect the bat from being used in 2005-2006 with the following informaiton:
    This bat came from an impeccable source and comes with a COA!

Can you imaging reading this LOA! "Obtained from Ebay last month for $450. from a seller I have never purchased from before but is a really nice guy and shipped me the bat in a nice box".

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I think the point is- there were questions that went unanswered by the seller here when it was being offered to forum members, and then it pops up on ebay again.

I'm was not aware of the Daulton jersey situation but back to the Howard bat, is the current seller on ebay the person in question or a different person? Dimwitted as I am, I'm still confused on this issue. In the other thread, begnya says the bat has been sold. Are we assuming that this is not true and that the current seller is actually Begnya? Please forgive my lack of gray matter. I work nights and much about my life is confusing and dreamlike.

I wrote Tom to tell him that he should answer the questions posed to him regarding his Ryan Howard item. I said, on the game used forum, we only allow responsible and trustworthy sellers. If he did not answer these questions I will be forced to consider removing him from the forum.

He told me that he posted it earlier today.

I asked why he didn't answer the questions when they were asked

He wrote me back and said he had a verbal committment from someone to buy the bat and asked if I had any other questions

I wrote him back and asked him to show me where he addressed the questions, since i must have missed it.

He has not yet returned my email from 5:47pm sunday. I'll let you all know when he does.
    Eric

He has been trying to peddle the bat to me all weekend, but not using the name Tom? same photos, same bat, same carpet. Pretty clear there is a problem with this guy.