Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Phillies 2010 Winter Sale?

Anything of Nelson Figueroa there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris78 View Post
    Bats were over-priced in my opinion.... They had $75 for Paul Bako, Cody Ransom, etc. Werth was $300, Greg Dobbs $175, JA Happ $175....I did not buy any game used bats as I felt they cost too much other than a mystery bat for $10 which had the player's name blotted out. They had some signed/team issued bats as well, but I did not focus that much on this area. Maybe somebody else can chip in....

Jerseys were cheaper: batting practice $30 and up, Home/Road and a few alternate were mainly $60, etc. No big names at all just spring training guys, coaches, etc. These are some of the names that I bought: Lou Marson, Sergio Escalona, Rodrigo Lopez, Jason Donald, Dave Huppert, Milt Thompson, Anthony Hewitt, Mike Cervenak, and J.J. Furmaniak. You can see the trend that all but Thompson and Hewitt were Ironpigs in 2009. This year the jerseys from 2009 are MLB authenticated as Team-Issued jerseys; in years past none were authenticated. I was also disappointed that I did not obtain any 2009 jerseys that had the WS patch on the sleeve, and I do not know if any existed.

They had nameplates for $20, lineup cards $25, some other jerseys in a different room for $200, yearbooks from other teams $2 (Yankees were $5), autographed hats and balls starting $5 and up (they lowered these 2 for $5 on Sunday on the $5 hats/balls and I bought some of these). They had some posters/banners etc. They also had some used batting helmets and cleats for sale. I did buy a Greg Dobbs signed authenticated 2008 WS ball for $25 which I thought was a pretty good deal.

Overall, not much different than the last two years. They had a limit on jerseys (4) and bats (2). I go to a lot of Ironpigs games so I can relate to the jerseys more, but most people would probably not be that interested in these players. More bats this year but I have obtained enough now that I tend not to want to pay a lot on bats. I do not remember seeing any Polanco stuff...this event tends to have guys that have left the team.

Hope this helps.

Chris
    Chris, would you have any interest in moving the Hewitt or Donald jerseys?
    Thanks
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Anything of Nelson Figueroa there?
    No, I did not see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueclawsBaseball View Post
    Chris, would you have any interest in moving the Hewitt or Donald jerseys?
    Thanks
    BB
    No, I tend not to sell anything at this point, as I collect. However, I will keep you in mind if I change my mind.

Chris

I notice a Travis Blackley nameplate on the philliesphollowers blog...if anyone here picked that up and is looking to shift PLMK.

What does the name plate represent if it is half white/half red?

Thanks,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Klattsy View Post
    I notice a Travis Blackley nameplate on the philliesphollowers blog...if anyone here picked that up and is looking to shift PLMK.

What does the name plate represent if it is half white/half red?

Thanks,
    Mark.
    I did not pick that one up. I still remember seeing that one later on, but I can't say for sure whether someone bought it afterwards (so it might pop up next year). That nameplate was from 2008 based on the color scheme.

Chris

I was able to get several items at the sale including Werth: game used blue alternate helmet, game used bat and game used cleats. Also got St. Patty's day jerseys of Brett Myers and Chris Coste and Lopes 09 alternative jersey with HK/08 ws champs patches on Saturday. Sunday got a couple of coaches BP jerseys for friends, Brett Myers game used cleats and a red batting helmet (ABC) left ear flap for RH batter, #58 on back. I would consider selling the red helmet. Not sure whose helmet it was. Possibilities include Darrin Winston and Antonio Bastardo both of whom were LH pitchers who wore #58 but batted right handed. Eude Brito also had number but he batted LH.

Did anybody pickup a Pete Mckanin jersey? Id be interested in picking one up!
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

On further review, Helmet made in late 1998 so definitely not Bastardo but still may get him to sign for display purposes.

I was wondering if anyone picked up any locker nameplates that they would be willing to sell?