Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Steiner authenticity questions?

Kid your right, it just's that was a bad reason to think someone is not legit because something doesnt sell or because it sells to low.

There are so many reasons on this forum that Dealers, Collectors, Auction houses and authentication companies have to put up with, I just dont think they something like that to discredit them.

He never questioned the authenticity, he asked for opinions becuase he wasn't very familiar with the company. No offense, we talk alot and I like you, but there needs to be much thicker skin about this stuff. If a new collector can't come here and ask questions without being treated rudely then why even bother?

Abe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cammy collector View Post
    Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the whole memorabilia collecting world, so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question here. Anyways, my question is, has there been any reported instances of Steiner selling fake/non-GU items? I'm only wondering this because I just went to their site and found a Mike Cameron jersey that is being listed for it's 3rd time with only a $100 starting bid. Seems strange to me that it wouldn't sell when the price is so low. I plan on buying it so I'd like to know. Thanks alot guys!
    -Mike Given

Kid I like you too, but your wrong he did question authenticity as I highlighted above.

Come on Jason, read the whole sentence man! He asked "have there been reported incidents of Steiner selling fake items". He asked a question, are we really that asinine that nobody can ask a question about a company that we sell items from? Jason, I hope I'm wrong, but you may be losing business just by the way you responded to these questions, you couldn't be more wrong.

Abe

Banned

Kid lets just leave it at this!!!
    and agree to disagree as we both look at it from different perspectives.

In the mean time Eric if you would like you can delete what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Kid your right, it just's that was a bad reason to think someone is not legit because something doesnt sell or because it sells to low.

There are so many reasons on this forum that Dealers, Collectors, Auction houses and authentication companies have to put up with, I just dont think they something like that to discredit them.
    Did I ever personally question the integrity of Steiner? Did I NOT just state that I am a novice collector, therefor I couldn't figure out why it had ended so low. Whether you, me, or Bruce Bochy thinks he's a star, his jerseys dont sell that low. period.
    **ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Kid lets just leave it at this!!!
    and agree to disagree as we both look at it from different perspectives.

In the mean time Eric if you would like you can delete what I wrote.

Jason:

Delete what you wrote? What happened to taking responsibility for posts? Didn't you and I already trade posts about being responsible for what you write and also thinking before you do so?

Jason, think before you write! It will do wonders.

Tim Byington
    t_byington@yahoo.com

Banned

Tim what are you talking about????

I did take responsibility for what I said!!!

Post Re: Steiner authenticity questions?

Tim what are you talking about????

I did take responsibility for what I said!!!

Jason:

Then why would Eric need to delete it?

Seriously.

Tim Byington
    t_byington@yahoo.com

Hi,

As I have posted before, the buck on "legit" items does not stop with Steiner, most of the time they are clueless as to information on items they sell..(Who, What, When and Where). Do your homework especially on Yankees items. There are great "Real" items out there that do not come from Steiner. I have been collecting for 30 years, long before Steiner. This has always been a touchy subject here. I realize there are many people with close ties to Steiner who profit from the Steiner sticker and the lack of collector knowledge thinking that if it's not Steiner it's not real !! It can be real and have nothing to do with Steiner ! Authentications are opinions of people made of flesh and bone no different than you or I, they can make mistakes and many times do! Just my humble opinion.
    George