Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Recent Flea Market Finds

Kind of OT, but has anyone watched the shows "Storage Wars" on A&E, or "Auction Hunters" on Spike TV? Also, has anyone ever bought a storage unit and found some memorabilia?

Several years ago, the lady that runs the storage facility where I have a storage unit, suggested I come out to an auction this particular weekend, because she thought I might be interested in bidding on a unit. So I went, she showed me which unit it was, and I ended up being the high bidder on the unit for $75. All it had in it was a tool box, a bike, a 3' x 3' cardboard box, a couple old pictures, and some oil pans for changing oil. Went to look what was inside the box, it was filled to the lid full of baseball, football, and hockey cards. And not just common players either. I ended up selling all the cards for about $700 and kept the tools and bike. And the bike is a Specialized Rockhopper

Watching those tv shows made me wonder what might still be out there in those storage units...

Banned

I just went to my first flea market show for the year. I was lucky and picked up this nice bat.

Banned

Here are the pictures of my flea market find...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Banned

Nice pickup on the bat. Pro model?

6 years ago Darian Barnes left the Cowboys and left his storage unit. After leaving it, his items hit auction. Got his Super Bowl 37 game used helmet and a Bucs jersey with 19 team repairs.

not game used, but i found a russian hockey stick autographed by alexander mogilny at a garage sale yesterday

Banned

I just picked these up Sunday at a local flea market. 5 out of 6 bats have side writting on them from when they were sent back to H&B. They all show great use to them and look great. I like the look of old vintage game used bats. Bats are of the follwing players.

Orvin
    Caton
    LeClair
    Tucker
    Lembke
    Burke
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Found something sweet this weekend & figured this thread could use a revival.

Went out of town for an extended anniversary weekend on the Oregon Coast. Ran across this while my wife and I were killing time in an antique shop before our dinner reservation one night, a c. 1973 Viceroy rubber-crested (both sides) Canucks game puck. Not a Canucks fan (go Wings!), but couldn't pass up something like this for $4.50.