Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homerun Derby!!

Re: Homerun Derby!!

I'm not a big Home Derby fan.... I'm just a cranky pants...
    But I love the idea of Cano's father pitching to him. I also love David Ortiz's kid bringing him water. They understand parenthood!!

And did you see the pictures of the guy diving from the stands and saved by his friends? Holy crap!!!!!

Dave Silverbrand

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    Just got back from the derby, its was awesome!!!!! I just missed out on a couple of the Cano balls that landed on the concourse in RF.

man i wish you had gotten one! not quite dj3k money but i could have given you a bit

tried my best to get the Cano jersey worn during the Derby. I put my request in to Highland Mint before the derby started and thought I had a shot at getting it. No such luck. Finally got word from Jim @ Highland Mint :

There wil be no Cano jersey. Topps bubble gum cards got it for some promotion or give away I guess. Maybe they are cutting it into swatches to put in their cards like they do.

Bummer
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    tried my best to get the Cano jersey worn during the Derby.
    Do you know if the Highland Mint only gets in the jerseys, or do they get hats and other items as well? Where do you buy all-star game hats?

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

very sad, i was indifferent before but when its "your guy" it stings that these items are cut up. smh

I'll check on the hats and actual g/u AS game jerseys. I know MLB.com is having a 20% off sale for authentic jerseys with the stars on the back but I cant find anything on the hats.
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    I'll check on the hats and actual g/u AS game jerseys. I know MLB.com is having a 20% off sale for authentic jerseys with the stars on the back but I cant find anything on the hats.
    Thanks. I appreciate it.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Wink Re: Homerun Derby!!

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Do you know if the Highland Mint only gets in the jerseys, or do they get hats and other items as well? Where do you buy all-star game hats?

-Frik
    Frik,
    Here's what I know, based on my limited interaction with Jim and with Renee at the Brewers. Jim told me that the jersey I purchased from the Highland Mint would be either a BP or the HRD jersey. I think they obtain other items after the game, and they also sometimes have Futures Game items as well. They have a huge inventory of GU items.

Renee with the Brewers told me that she was not sure what the team would do with the players' hats. They may be allowed to keep them. I don't even know...did they remove the stars from players' jerseys and caps after the ASG? I haven't been paying attention when watching games on tv. I only ask because I know the Brewers only use one set of jerseys a year.

Your best bet might be to contact the teams directly. Each one seems to have a different protocol. Anything to make our lives easier, right?