Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: is it just me or did Oregon go in a direction that no body could have ever imagined?

I must apologize to NIKE, I forgot Under Armor (who are weak) make the Univ. of Maryland uniforms. Why? Surprise surprise, the owner of Under Armor is also a Maryland Alum and they are out of Baltimore. I get the whole "these are the color of the Maryland flag" motif, since I lived in Annapolis until recently for the last four years. But, overkill anyone?? Talk about gaudy!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: is it just me or did Oregon go in a direction that no body could have ever imagined?

I never like Oregon jerseys, but this new one was interesting. I *did* like the helmet, as it appeared to be a flat black, as opposed to the usual shiny style. The numbering and name, I'm not sure. It was definitely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    I must apologize to NIKE, I forgot Under Armor (who are weak) make the Univ. of Maryland uniforms. Why? Surprise surprise, the owner of Under Armor is also a Maryland Alum and they are out of Baltimore. I get the whole "these are the color of the Maryland flag" motif, since I lived in Annapolis until recently for the last four years. But, overkill anyone?? Talk about gaudy!
    well hopefully my team (miami hurricanes) puts those uniforms in the dirt tomorrow.

as far as the oregon unis' go, its a little to much. what is it like 200-300 different uni combo's that they can possibly wear every game? thats rediculous.

I also respect the simplicity that the traditional powerhouses use. Al golden is a penn state man and he's already in talks with nike to bring us back to the old style cane uni's from back in the 80's. Cant wait to see that look.

[quote=Shipp_96;265545]I cannot help but wonder if that is the TYPICAL sour grapes we here because he is the classiest coach left in college football? There will never be another Joe PA in today's money driven, corrupt, greedy NCAA. quote]

forgot to add "SEC biased / sweep everything under the rug" NCAA

I really like the new Arizona State Sun Devils new black uniforms. Including flat black helmets with killer new pitchfork decals. Interestingly enough, the high school I coach at, Huntington ISD in Huntington, Texas, has used the sparky as our mascot for almost 20 years now. Last week we were contacted by someone representing Arizona State and threatened with legal action if we didn't stop using old sparky. We are the Red Devils and our sparky is bright red and black, but an identical copy of arizona states otherwise. I guess no one ever got permission! Lol! Oh well, anyone know of any other cool devil mascots?!
    Todd Ricks
    www.freewebs.com/canseco44
    Always looking for Canseco Game Used Items
    Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Banned

look up freeport red devils

Banned

heres a link of freeports devil costume its the red one with peach skin tone http://www.bestmascots.com/catalog/d...eda74c9721d134

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    LOL, those Maryland uniforms look like the teams in the movie "Any Given Sunday", some of the fugliest I have seen....

I definitely liked the flat black helmets, the rest of the uniform wasn't thaaaat bad but it was a bit out there. I'm a Univ. of Miami alum as well and all this talk of going back to the 80's style unis sounds awesome, can't wait.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

forget the others, who designed marylands jerseys vs miami?! Those are terrible and very ugly. I want to know the story behind those because they are uuuugly.