Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Banned

Re: Gernay, Oldridge, Horne Plead Guilty

Some of you guys still are missing the point. These 6 guys just didn't sell their fake jerseys to just card companies they sold them to the PUBLIC!! So there is jersey's out there that are faked and come from these guys. So who knows what jerseys are good and which one's are fake. I won't be taking any chances. If I go to buy something and this items it tied to anyone of these guys I will have to pass because you never know. DO your homewrok........

It's also nice to find out that this scam was still going on during 2011.

Anyone have a picture or mugshot of Mitchell Schumacher? He didn't learn his lesson on the first Federal conviction, he'll probably get involved again. I'd like to know what this dude looks like, because I'm sure he walks among us at shows, stadium sales and other events in Wisconsin.

Another benefit to the hobby will be these 4 dealers giving the FBI key information on other dirty dealers. Let's hope further arrests occur as we all know there is more dirty dealers and auction houses out there.

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Look what happened to that Penn State coach when he spoke to Costas. At first I couldn't understand why his attorney allowed him to do the interview, but the attorney himself got a 18year old client of his pregnant when he was 49, so Sandusky and him must be members of the same club.
    One difference, the attorney got the sex & age right on who to put his organ into.
    Sandusky was doing under aged little boys!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Schumacher's Plea:

Schumacher's Plea

His is more intense than Jarrod's....

- Smitty
    There is a will known factual story concerning Mitchell Schumacher that occured back in the 90's. In 1992 there existed no authentic or procut jerseys of NBA players available to the public. Mitchell Schumacher approached Champion and purchased numerous 92/93 blank shirts with extra body lengths. Names and numbers of star NBA players were stitched on and sold to the public. I remember talking with many people, collectors and dealers, who i met thru SCD who warned me of a list of star players to stay away from that year b/c of the endless amounts of forgeries that were flooded to the market. I think this is the first trouble that Mitchell Schumacher was involved in. This story is known in the collecting world and stands as warning for collectors to do their research. Mitchell Schumacher was already known to deal in bogus stuff yet many collectors still chose to deal with him. Not defending Mitchell Schumacher in any way, but collectors kept this mongrel alive by dealing with him despite his obvious blemished past.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymbz View Post
    There is a will known factual story concerning Mitchell Schumacher that occured back in the 90's. In 1992 there existed no authentic or procut jerseys of NBA players available to the public. Mitchell Schumacher approached Champion and purchased numerous 92/93 blank shirts with extra body lengths. Names and numbers of star NBA players were stitched on and sold to the public. I remember talking with many people, collectors and dealers, who i met thru SCD who warned me of a list of star players to stay away from that year b/c of the endless amounts of forgeries that were flooded to the market. I think this is the first trouble that Mitchell Schumacher was involved in. This story is known in the collecting world and stands as warning for collectors to do their research. Mitchell Schumacher was already known to deal in bogus stuff yet many collectors still chose to deal with him. Not defending Mitchell Schumacher in any way, but collectors kept this mongrel alive by dealing with him despite his obvious blemished past.

Isn't this the whole point though??? It is in fact the exact point I and other posters have been trying to make. Schmacher had another chance because people kept buying from this guy after he was caught once before. The same thing applies to Bernie Gernay as he was caught selling bad stuff in the past and buyers kept buying and now he is caught again. This is the point we have been trying to make to the Bears man and some of the other people who keep saying I don't care as long as I get mine basically screw everyone else. If other collectors get ripped off that is not my problem. Well, in fact it is your problem because we have now seen multiple cases where guys are caught once, buyers keep going back to them keeping them in business and look at that caught again years later doing the same or similar shady business deals. It is this mentality that continues to keep these guys in business. YOU the buyer keep the crooks in business end of story.

I posted this on a previous thread why is anybody suprised by this behavior at all. I have to admit you have to have some serious ba%$s to keep doctoring stuff once you have been caught once by the Feds and you keep on doing it. How stupid is that. But again, anything from sheer greed, trying to put food on the table, stupidity, lack of any morals etc. lead to people doing the unimaginable in the name of a quick buck.

I heard someone say about photo matching items. This is such a narrow focused possibility that it would exclude a great many people from actually collecting. My focus has increasingly become vintage Orioles, Redskins, Senators etc. stuff from the 70's and back into the 40's and 50's, 60's etc. The possibility of photo matching any of this stuff is somewhere between slim and none. Unless you focus on current stuff from the major sports from say the past 3 - 5 years you are pretty much out of luck with photo matching. I remember when I was focusing on more recent stuff a couple of years back from say the late 90's it was almost impossible to photo match this stuff due to lack of high res, and just general lack of overall photos nevermind stuff from 30 plus years ago, forget about that.

If you can photo match your stuff, great for you, but for many collectors this is next to impossible especially if your focus if vintage anything forget about it. For those of you who only focus on modern NFL, NHL etc. great but for the rest of us, that is just not a realistic possibility.

I think it also gets away from the point that you continue to support a known felon. Each person has to make a decision what they are or are not comfortable doing but I can honestly say my personal decision in regard to doing business with an unethical company or person is that I simply will not do business with them. I have not nor will I ever do business with AMI, Vintage Authentics, Coaches Corner, Brad Wells etc. just to name a few. I made that decision a number of years ago and despite the fact that I have seen several good products that I would have liked to have had go through their auction houses and businesses in the past, I refuse in anyway to support these establishments or companies. I would rather put the hobby first and do what little I can to put bad people out of business than add something to my collection. My choice, each person needs to decide for themselves. Several of those companies have never even had any federal charges or otherwise filed against them that I mentioned above, however we all know the rumors in the industry about their shady dealings etc. and I simply refuse to support any of them and never ever have. It did not surprise me in the least that Steve Jensen was arrested at the Natiional. Vintage Authentics has been pushing questionable items through their auction house for years they just finally got caught. How some of these other house have not been caught to this point is beyond me. Perhaps this will all lead to more arrest as others have mentioned and we can only hope,

Jeb