Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where is all the classifieds go???

I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like people dont post as much in the game used classifieds as say 8-12 months ago. I go on here every day to check it out and only see 1-3 new items and sometimes not even that. Is it just me?

Re: Where is all the classifieds go???

I don't post items for sale in the classifieds because in my opinion it is no longer a viable option to sell. The $500 limit has become too restrictive to sell football Jerseys.

Not to be a pessimist, but when I did go to sell something, more often than not I got the run around from a select few of our Forum members.

I don't think this is new information....I have heard these sentiments echoed on more than one occassion.

+1

Agreed, $500 won't buy much in the way of NFL stuff so we have to sell elsewhere, unfortunately. It sucks because the "target audience" is right here.

I don't think it's just the classifieds receiving less posts. It seems like the overall number of posts on site in general has decreased in the last year or so. Might be more people "viewing " the site, but the lack of posting( particularly quality) is lacking in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I don't post items for sale in the classifieds because in my opinion it is no longer a viable option to sell. The $500 limit has become too restrictive to sell football Jerseys.

Not to be a pessimist, but when I did go to sell something, more often than not I got the run around from a select few of our Forum members.

I don't think this is new information....I have heard these sentiments echoed on more than one occassion.
    I also hate to be a pessimist and negative on this subject, but I agree with Mulligans, especially regarding getting the run-around (but from more than just a few select Forum members). I often answer Forum Members' "Wanted to Buy" posts whenever I have the items they are looking for. The posters either do not have the common courtesy to reply, or else they string me out and never buy, even after spending several email exchanges negotiating an agreeable price. I have rarely made a sale responding to a "Wanted to Buy" post despite often having the EXACT items they wanted.

I occasionally post in the "Wanted to Buy" section and I hardly ever get replies. I understand that finding collectors with World Football League and NFL/AFL durene jerseys available to sell will be few and far between, but surely there are at least a few collectors in this Forum who have Atlanta Falcons jerseys for sale!

I still look in the classifieds, but I find it mostly a waste of time, especially once I respond and begin the "dance to nowhere".

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League jerseys, NFL/AFL durene jerseys, Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and any Darren Lewis and Willie McGee game-used items.

I may be wrong but I don't think that the classifieds were why this forum was created in the first place...I enjoy the information and pictures that are posted and the camaraderie with like minded people.....

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I may be wrong but I don't think that the classifieds were why this forum was created in the first place...I enjoy the information and pictures that are posted and the camaraderie with like minded people.....
    Iron -

I agree with you, but like many of these guys have pointed out, here is a current example / situation I'm having:

Tigers AU/GU Home Plate - July 4th, 2004

- Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Very true. I've utilized the 'C to C' and 'Items Wanted' forums, myself, both to buy and sell, but checking them is usually an afterthought - not my reason for being here.

Hey, is is just me, or do Football collectors seem to complain a lot more than Baseball collectors do? Do you suppose it might have something to do with the physically aggressive nature of the game, itself? Would that be an interesting thread topic, d'ya think? (Only half kidding.)

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    Hey, is is just me, or do Football collectors seem to complain a lot more than Baseball collectors do? Do you suppose it might have something to do with the physically aggressive nature of the game, itself? Would that be an interesting thread topic, d'ya think? (Only half kidding.)
    On-topic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0

I listed a few jerseys in it a few months ago after a week of going back and forth we can to a price and once I tyold him I would do it I never heard back. That's happened a few times. I bought a bat off it a few days ago so there is some stuff on there that does get sold.