Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Minnesota Twins tagging question

I don't believe that the tagging on the Mauer Jersey is consistant with other 2004 Twins Gamers. I own a Shannon Stewart 2004 Road Jersey that I purchased directly from the Twins Pro Shop with Twins LOA. Jersey shows great use and tag is very worn. The size 52 tag along with the +2" Extra are almost completely rolled up. The tag is very worn showing 23-2004-1 for Jersey #23, Year 2004 and Set 1. The size and +2 tag are sewn directly below the Russell tag.

Brian

big10champ@msn.com
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hi Chris,

Since this post was brought back to life I was wondering if you ever resolved your issues with the jersey. I see it has made it's way to ebay now. Just curious.

Bryan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4180&rd=1&rd=1

I talked with Steve Jensen of V.A. and he told me it was from an local collector close to the Twins, an "impeccable source." That was as far as I was going to get with V.A...discussion closed as far as they were concerned. Well, I just don't enjoy the jersey having doubts in the back of my mind. I was going to re-consign to V.A., but they wanted a 15% cut in addition to their 20% buyers increase. Talk about delusions of grandeur. They aren't Mastro, Hunt, or REA, but charge the same rates. I thought I would throw it on eBay to see what kind of offers I get. I'm not in a rush to dump the jersey, but if I get something decent, I would sell it and probably buy a jersey that originated from the Twins Proshop. Like I said, I collect for the enjoyment, not for the investment, and every time I see the jersey, I just don't enjoy it, so I think it would be better to move on.

Chris

I wouldn't want anything Lou Lampson touched in my collection either.

Hope you eventually get the jersey you are looking for.

Bryan