Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Steiner weighs in on Eli Manning controversy

I keep reading that Steiner Re-sold Items?? Does anyone have proof of this?
    or is the only person claiming this a former employee?

I have proof of them reselling a Cubs jersey that I told them wasn't wore in the game stated, mlb authentication was also wrong. Refunded my money, response was they don't have the time or assets to go over every jersey from every team they basically have to take the teams word. I had two cowboys jerseys that were authenticated to the wrong games, the cowboys had misinformed them I provided evidence and jerseys were sent from back to Steiner then to the cowboys for re authentication and then back to me.

Some of Manning’s alleged fakes were sold through famed memorabilia house Steiner Sports, with whom he had an exclusive deal.

Steiner, believing its items to be authentic, sold them “to unwitting customers and sent them viathemail,” the suit says.

Angry buyers started to complain after noticing that markings on their items didn’t match those that appeared in pictures of Manning’s game-day duds.

But Manning told Steiner they were legit,and Steiner resold returned helmets to other buyers, the suit claims."

I will not be buying items from them in the future, PERIOD
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Besides this, what other controversey if any has Steiner been involved with pertaining to game used items? Wasn't there also some talk awhile back here that they sold blank Yankees game jerseys and someone was selling them on Ebay as customized big name players?

I just wondering if any of these people that returned items ( Eli Game used)
    have come forward. Also who has bought a resold helmet? Its alot of info to follow but the guys helmet who was on TV didn't he buy it from a friend? He should have the friend contact Steiner.

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    I have proof of them reselling a Cubs jersey that I told them wasn't wore in the game stated, mlb authentication was also wrong. Refunded my money, response was they don't have the time or assets to go over every jersey from every team they basically have to take the teams word. I had two cowboys jerseys that were authenticated to the wrong games, the cowboys had misinformed them I provided evidence and jerseys were sent from back to Steiner then to the cowboys for re authentication and then back to me.
    Same thing happened with me regarding Cowboys jerseys. They where auctioned as game used in my case but showed no signs of wear. This was a few years ago. I paid so little for them but that was not the point. They stuck game used stickers on them. I called them and argued my case.

I understand it is a big company but should that prevent them from doing research on items? Your reputation is everything in this business.

If a item is returned it is usually returned for a reason. Listen to the consumer and don't turn a blind eye.

Do you think Steiner will terminate its contract with Eli for him tarnishing their reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by pungent View Post
    Besides this, what other controversey if any has Steiner been involved with pertaining to game used items? Wasn't there also some talk awhile back here that they sold blank Yankees game jerseys and someone was selling them on Ebay as customized big name players?
    There was a bunch of Steiner COA's signed by Jeter and Ortiz being sold stand alone on eBay. I know Steiner was made aware of it because I emailed them. They never responded and I do not think anything was done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    There was a bunch of Steiner COA's signed by Jeter and Ortiz being sold stand alone on eBay. I know Steiner was made aware of it because I emailed them. They never responded and I do not think anything was done about it.
    I once heard that the players don't sign the letters at the same time they give them their game used items. Is that true?