Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Dealing with GU reps for ASG items

I cannot understand giving those prices when hof players items, legends even, can be bought instead.

Ok Stanton was 3k..wow. So at least we know what he went for. What about the other guys who were in the Derby?? Learned my lesson on these jerseys last year but actual HR Derby jerseys are a lot better then the BP jerseys players wear in the cage for a few swings ( both on Derby day and AS game day)
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I cannot understand giving those prices when hof players items, legends even, can be bought instead.
    I completely agree, thousands of dollars for players that haven't accomplished much so far for the most part.

I was able to get Aroldis Chapman for $500 which I thought was very reasonable.

I paid $599 for my Chris Sale and I feel that was pretty reasonable. That was about my limit for though. I was quoted $499-$799. All my dealings with Jim have gone smoothly and I have never been put in a bidding war. That being said I have never tried to buy a Trout, harper or Tulo maybe that's the difference. I feel like for the most part I'm the only Sale collector out there who's willing to open my pocketbook to get anything as I have come across a lot of nickel and dime people looking for something out of the bargin bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyouartist View Post
    Wow. Yeah, the $4500 quote was BEFORE the AllStar game.
    I heard the 6k figure the day of the Derby.

Fourth year in a row for me, always paid the price I was originally quoted, and never felt overcharged. So far as I know...unless he kept it, my Lucroy jersey will be added to my ASG display very soon.

I agreed to pay $1,500 for the Abreu, then was told over a couple days that I need to go higher to varying degrees. Finally was told that it sold for $3,000.

As overpriced as many of the BP jerseys are, the prices on the name plates are ridiculous. Good luck to anyone trying to get anywhere close to what they paid for one of them on the secondary market.

Anyone here pick up the Cespedes jersey if it was available? I heard it would be $3k.

Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    I agreed to pay $1,500 for the Abreu, then was told over a couple days that I need to go higher to varying degrees. Finally was told that it sold for $3,000.

As overpriced as many of the BP jerseys are, the prices on the name plates are ridiculous. Good luck to anyone trying to get anywhere close to what they paid for one of them on the secondary market.
    I was told today I could buy it for $5,000.