Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Major Pull!! Full Game Used Bat!!

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    I'm not trying to argue your point because I believe you have a valid one and I hope you get it resolved the way you want, I am just trying to understand what exact info you learned from the bat since your first post. You called it a gem yesterday and now nothing is right on the bat. I and a few others who nothing about Pujols items would like to know what exactly changed your mind on this bat since yesterday?
    I think he was being sarcastic when he said it was a gem.

Got it Lost in Translation.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    Jimmy, I know I can understand why your frustrated, but others on here who are not into pujols may not know why your so up in arms about the bat. I can say I also am not comfortable at all with the bat knowing how a pujols bat "should look". However they never showed or advertised the bat that was in the product and it was that exact ambiguous description of "Albert pujols game used bat" with no explanation of provenance or image that kept me from buying a box. Let's say you took this all the way, I mean all the way. You would lose in the end because the provided you exactly what was advertised, a "game used" bat with Albert pujols name on it. Who used it and during what games was not guaranteed by them. Yes I'd be just as upset as you but with these kinds of items it's a risk you take and I was not comfortable with this product.

So wait,

If he was he was named Alberr Pujols, would you have been ok with that little fella getting mailed. I'm sure he was used during a game, if not hundreds Albert played in.

Tiger I don't believe anyone is turning a blind eye. We all get it that you're upset and I would be too. But I think many looking at this don't understand. We are not experts on Pujols. The sense of urgency is probably a little greater to you because are the one who got ripped off. I had never heard of this company before and my GU collection started after all these supposed reputable companies were caught. So this really doesn't surprise me and not up in arms because to me it seems to be more of the rule than the exception these days. I will be more than happy to join your campaign against this company. It's really too bad people put the almighty dollar over integrity. I for one could never sell an item as something it isn't; even if I got ripped of in a deal. I'd take the loss and move on.

Let me know if there's anything I can do besides writing the mentioned companies letting them know I will no longer be purchasing their products.

I think too many people "take the loss and move on". Its time that guy get really scared to rip people off. Time for the Tiger to attack
    And clearly this is a bad Pujols bat in Every way!

I do not mean that I wouldn't do anything about it. I'm saying that I would move on without in turn ripping someone else off.

Post Re: Major Pull!! Full Game Used Bat!!

Oh, and that was definitely a raw deal regarding the bat. I'd call DACW to follow-up on the bat, as they may be willing to replace the bat with one from a more legitimate source.

Do you have a picture of the knob?
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Wow, what a read.

And what a disgrace.

Jimmy, first off, I'm with you across the board. Forget the fact the bat carries not ONE single Pujols characteristic, but the minor league ball marks makes the whole thing insulting. And the amount of use is beyond excessive. A bat used by Pujols doesn't exist with use like that. But again, the MiLB ball marks.....just WOW.

coreystack, are you really going to argue MLB teams throw MiLB baseballs to MLB hitters during BP during a season?

But Jimmy, TAKE your refund. Don't let these small timers take you, even if you consider it chump change. It's YOUR money and the gig is up on this little costume ball.

Suicide Squeeze: I'm not arguing anything. I was simply pointing out that I personally caught MiLB balls at Tigers batting practices in spring 2008 (could have been the road team batting, I don't recall). The majority of balls were regular MLB balls, but on occasion there would be MiLB mixed in. As to this bat, I am no expert, and wouldn't offer any opinion.

My only "agenda" is to come here to seek assistance and advice from people that seem to know far more than I do about this stuff, and get advice on the various Tim Wallach items I pick up, as Wallach related stuff is the focus of my collection.

I really feel like your comment is way out of line. I have caught MiLB balls at MLB batting practices. I'm sorry if that offends you.