Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Jays1fan

How to Fix a Broken/cracked bat ???

Hey guys.

I got my 1st Cracked / Broken bat in yesterday and was wondering how I go about fixing it. It is like a Broken Bone coming out of your skin.
    The part the sticks out is past the piece that is not, so I cant just sandwich it back together. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a scan.

Banned

Re: How to Fix a Broken/cracked bat ???

Do you mind if I ask why you want to fix it?

I ask this because personally I rather not fix a cracked bat because then your taking it out of it original form from the use the player put on it.

Jays1fan

Good Point. But I like the looks of it better together.

Here are a couple of resources that will help_

If you are looking for a place to send your bat for repair, Jeff Scott on this forum (BirdBats) is outstanding (you can find some additional info on his repairs using the search feature of the GUU forum.) Jeff can be contacted at
    www.birdbats.com

Additionally, Fred Lowman does great work as well, and his website has some additional information that may help if you want to attempt the repair yourself --- http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/9158/batrepair.html

Finally, John Taube also has excellent repair and restoration services that can be accessed through his site as well --
    http://www.gameusedbats.com/

Good Luck

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Jays1fan

Quote Originally Posted by MSpecht View Post
    Here are a couple of resources that will help_

If you are looking for a place to send your bat for repair, Jeff Scott on this forum (BirdBats) is outstanding (you can find some additional info on his repairs using the search feature of the GUU forum.) Jeff can be contacted at
    www.birdbats.com

Additionally, Fred Lowman does great work as well, and his website has some additional information that may help if you want to attempt the repair yourself --- http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/9158/batrepair.html

Finally, John Taube also has excellent repair and restoration services that can be accessed through his site as well --
    http://www.gameusedbats.com/

Good Luck

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com
    Thanks Mike for the great information.!

Hi,
    Jeff Scott - birdbats@charter.net - has repaired several bats for me and always an outstanding job. I am sure he would be able to repair your new
    bat with out any problems. Email him.......
    Don
    woodbat@bellsouth.net

I had John Taube fix one for me and it turned out perfect.. And as usual, John is prompt with communication.. Great service.

Carl

I have a Jeff Scott piece that was totally shattered before.
    Now you can't tell unless you really look for it. He does a marvelous job.

Dave

Jays1fan

Again guys , thanks for your imput and recomendations.

Am I to assume that the at has to be broken in 2 pieces than glued back together in order to fix it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jays1fan View Post
    Am I to assume that the at has to be broken in 2 pieces than glued back together in order to fix it ?
    NO! Don't break it in two. The easiest way to deal with overlapping wood is to use a Dremel tool and grind the "extra" wood away until the overlapping piece can lay down flush.