Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Current Peyton Manning GU Jerseys- A Comparison

Here are photos of the Manning Rudy mentioned

Name:  tag.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  65.4 KB
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

I emailed this seller and ask if he was the original owner of the 2002 Manning Jersey and if that was the certificate that came with it. His reply was: Yes. Nothing else.

I emailed him back and ask: You are telling me that you bought the Manning jersey directly from the Colts and that is the certificate they sent with that jersey. His reply: Yes. I have a letter with the Vick from PSI but I cannot find it. You can see the hologram in the picture.

I have bought a couple of common player jerseys from the Colts and that is the type cert that came with them. There is no way they sold a Peyton Manning jersey with that certificate. Also in reveiwing pictures the M is different than any I can find in game photos. Placement of the patch seem different that all the photos also.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Here are photos of the Manning Rudy mentioned

Attachment 7679

The seller forwarded me close ups of the sleeves.....of course there not correct....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

When I first seen the listing, what caught my eye first is the card has no mention of it representing Peyton Manning game used jersey.

Roger

another short-sleeved manning with team loa:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160202892041

awhile, someone on the forum posted pics of manning at some team cocktail party charity function and he was wearing a short-sleeved jersey. maybe manning prefers long sleeves for throwing passes and short sleeves for throwing back appletinis. anyway, if the colts did indeed make some of these jerseys up for promo purposes, then perhaps they accidentally got mixed up with his gamers when it came time to sell.

rudy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    another short-sleeved manning with team loa:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160202892041

awhile, someone on the forum posted pics of manning at some team cocktail party charity function and he was wearing a short-sleeved jersey. maybe manning prefers long sleeves for throwing passes and short sleeves for throwing back appletinis. anyway, if the colts did indeed make some of these jerseys up for promo purposes, then perhaps they accidentally got mixed up with his gamers when it came time to sell.

rudy.
    I messaged the seller to tell him that the jersey was never game worn by Manning, citing the sleeves, and referring him to this thread. Prob with the generic Colts COA is it doesn't even ID the jersey or player, it almost certainly came with a cheap no name player jersey then was attached to the Manning knockoff jersey. Seller responded he knew about the sleeve issue but referred to the fact it had been passed by Mears. However, when asked, he admitted the Mears grade was a lowly A5.

Banned

That thing is up to $1,600. Man, somebody is gonna take a big loss.