Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

McGwire 88 World Series Bat

Due to recent acquisitions, I am making available my Mark McGwire 1988 World Series bat. For photos, send email to skyking442@hotmail.com and I will send pics to you. $500 plus shipping.

Robert Koppel

Re: McGwire 88 World Series Bat

E-mail sent,
    batdna@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
    Russell

Photo sent. Please advise.

Tentatively sold. Will lyk if status changes...

I appreciate the activity this thread has garnered over the last 24 hours. I am not sure if I have a deal this morning as the paypal acct apparently is not showing the deposit. I have given the buyer til this afternoon to take care of this.

skyking442@hotmail.com

they had better send the money as you sold it to me twice over the last 24 hr's and i lost a world series gamer for nothing because of our deal. your greed got the best of your honor and trust as far as i'm concerned. this whole forum is based on the honor system as alot of money changes hand's here and i have writtren the adminastrator's about this deal. there need to be 2 set's of rules just like the non-paying buyer's are named and called out so should the non-selling seller's. your bussiness tactic's can be viewed for all to see as i call it now "the ballad of a modern day deal" if any one is curious email me at mcfresonke@hotmail.com to see for yourself. if you list an item for sale and set a price you should held responsible to honor it! not sale it, then someone offer's more and i agree to meet there price again ,just not to lose my item for nothing and deal was finalized again and you packed it and got it ready to ship. so the deal was made 2 times now. then a third party contacted you after it was sold and you dunned me for more money again to the tune of 1150.00 up fron 525.00 and 625.00 both above your asking price as listed. copies of the deal are being sent to the adminastrators. there need to be rules set for the use and abuse of the for sale section on this site or is this site going the way of the ebay dog's? dod eat dog for a buck.no honor amoung thieves? i think we all agree there is not much trust and honor hardly left in this hobby. are the adminastrators going to let these kind of bussiness tactic's and lack of trust and abuse of this site's policy on selling go on here? if i can't trust the member's word on this board then the hobby has no chance to survive!

I emailed you about this Chris. I know you are upset and to an extent you have a right to be. I am a blue collar worker. I am currently working a second job as my main job I have no work (carpenter). You and I discussed my own wife's unhappiness over this. You were talking about not having me paid in full for a week; and I was offered double right now. To someone in my financial spot the appeal I am sure has greed labled on it. I own up to it. I emailed you a few times about this last night and you did not respond - then you come on here and post. I mentioned I might have egg on my face if the higher amount went south, and right now it might well be, and again, I acknowledge that. Ok. Today is Monday. If you want the bat for $625 - I want it paypaled to me TODAY. The package still resides at my house with YOUR label on it. The ball is in your court. If you don't send the funds today in full than I do not believe you have a leg to stand on. We had no problem in last dealings.

as i did discuss this with you last night what the best i could do was and you agreed again and all of it today was not our agreement. i do understand your situation it's the same as almost everybody's on here. look all i can do is what we agreed on the second time as when i agreed on that it wiped out our first agreement. if you cant honor that, then sell it by all mean's i'll understand. my post on here was not to downgrade you personally by any mean's i like you and have trusted you in the past with alot of my money. it was posted so this base can be covered by g.u.u. for future transaction between member's in the future. we are held to a higher standerd here so i thought this kind of thing should be addressed befor any more deal's like this go down.

Whatever happened to the asking price of $500 in your initial post. This doesn't smell good! Are you attempting to run an auction, or selling an item at a fixed price to your collecting peers?

sorry guy's i have to get to work, but would love to take this up when i get off as i feel there is a base that really need's to be covered here! just for future deal's that can be made on here and the rules for doing such deal's. i would love to here from everyone on this. again this isn't about bad mouthing anybody. i didn't want that !!!!!!!!!! this was just a situation that came up that i thought there is a lack if guide lines to cover such an deal. an auction is an auction a set price is just that and should be honored if listed that;s all lmk what you guy's think