Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Actual Q&A with Lou Lampson

In 86-87 it was slightly larger than following years, and should be noted.
    Interesting. How much larger? Do you happen to have any comparison pics.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have any detailed pictures or the jerseys themselves left, but during the 90's I have about 50-100 jerseys and jackets at a time and noticed it with every 86-87 jersey. I would say that they are 10-15% larger than the following 3-4 Sand-Knit years. I was never a Lampson type guy, listing the color of thread, detailed measurements, taking hundreds of pics etc.

Maybe someone who has an 86-87 Celtics jersey along with another year's Sand-Knit can put them up with a side by side scan?

In the meantime I will look through the few pics that I do have, but I think that they will be inconclusive as they were taken back in the days with a 35 mm camera, never focusing on the logo, just front, back, and tags.

Banned

I have pictures of a couple of 86-87 celtic jerseys. LMK if you need them posted on here.
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com

Found two pics, scanned them, did the photobucket thing, and now I'll try to get them on here. Let's see how this works out. I have an 86 Sichting and an 87 Paxson. The pics are great, but they do show the obvious size difference. If someone who has the jerseys in hand can do the measuring we'll be all set. BTW, I recognize some of the names here and I know that you guys know me, you just might not know it, Steve Leszczynski.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Somebody ask him about this jersey.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=14880

Not sure how anyone can authenticate a style that was NEVER worn in throughout the team's history.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

gameusedhoop,

Thanks for posting those. I only really focus on Erving gear, and seeing his last year was 86-87, I've never compared Sand-Knit 76ers jersey from subsequent years, to closely.

I have a couple retail Sand-Knit jerseys and noticed that the NBA logo on one of them was substantially larger than the other. The larger one is 2" x 3/4" while the smaller one is 1.5" x 5/8". I always just assumed it was a goof, but maybe these are the two sizes shown above.

Banned

Here's two more 86-87 Celtic gamers-the bird is mine. Steve-I want the Schiting. Want to sell it?
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Greg, sorry, but I haven't had the Sichting for at least 15 years. My Celtics sources have dried up over the years, I used to be able to get them pretty easily, but since the late 90's my sources are gone. I would guess that the Sichting is in one of 3 collections, either in Alaska, Indiana, or Utah. I sold multiple Celtic knits to certain collectors in those 3 states. As far as I know, many have never left their "new" homes.

Quote Originally Posted by gameusedhoop View Post
    I would guess that the Sichting is in one of 3 collections, either in Alaska, Indiana, or Utah.
    Many basketball jerseys, once in my collection, live in Alaska with the same collector you mention. Unless there are two collectors from Alaska with incredible hoop collections!

Let me guess, just inside the Arctic Circle, on the coast, population of about 3500 people.
    Just a note on how small this world is, I am good friends with and work with a girl who has a sister who lives in the same Alaska town. BTW, we are in Massachusetts right on the ocean, we couldn't be any further away. Now if we could work Kevin Bacon into this somehow we will really have a story.