Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Historic Auctions - Favre

http://sports.ha.com/common/view_ite...hdnSearch=true

Ignoring who provided the LOA on the Favre linked above in the upcoming Historic auction for a minute, I have a couple of educational questions for the Favre experts.

Was 2000 included in the period where a Favre would have a picture of him with the jersey? Absent the Favre LOA, does Favre's foundation track hologram numbers to indicate if the hologram is indicative of an authentic signature or authenticating game use? Was Favre a size 48 in 2000? Sleeves that were "lightly elasticized"? What would be typical of customizations of the tail for 2000? Any other telling signs on this jersey?

Thanks,
    Matt
    email is matmuell at umich.edu

Re: Historic Auctions - Favre

Matt,
    I sent them an email two days ago explaining why this is not a legitimate Favre game worn jersey. The jersey should be a size 52, not a 48. The sleeves should have no elastic in them for 2000 whatsoever. I recently looked at photos and video of Favre in every 2000 game, and in no instance did Favre wear sleeves like this. I also think the jersey is a bit long.

The absence of a Favre hologram, LOA, etc. shouldn't be an issue at this point. I recently examined first hand two supposed Favre game used jerseys that had the paperwork, holograms, photo,etc. that a collector sent to me to look at, and neither were game used.

All that being said, I hope Heritage pulls the jersey soon.
    Guy

gwh11 just being curious were those 2 jersey's both from 2002 and show the same guy in both pic's in the back ground of the jersey being held or signed by favre?

No, neither were 2002's.
    Guy

thank's just wondering the last 2 bogus one's i seen were 2002's

Guy- Thanks for the response, looks like I am picking up on the right things. The reason I asked about the Favre photo was to get a better idea of the time period he did that, and also if the photo does exist, have additional questions about 2000s similar to zonker's questions about the two 2002s. But your comment begs a question, what year were the two gamers with all proper Favre items that weren't right if they weren't the 2002s?

Banned

Favre has worn open sleeves his entire very long career with the Pack, has he not? A major visible player like Favre, with photos everywhere to compare to, is misauthenticated by Historic and their fav authenticator? And we're supposed to believe this isn't fraud, but an honest error?

Somewhere, the dumbest agent in the FBI MUST be thinking this industry is an opportunity for advancement, right?

Ain't the jersey being sold at Heritage's upcoming auction not Historic auction. Just thought i would put that out there when everyone is saying historic when the link takes you to heritage.

My apologies to Historic Auctions. Heritage is what I was talking about, thanks Yanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Ain't the jersey being sold at Heritage's upcoming auction not Historic auction. Just thought i would put that out there when everyone is saying historic when the link takes you to heritage.
    Good catch, I missed that when I viewed the item, sorry Historic.

As a side note I recently won an interesting Chargers jacket on Heritage owned by Ron Mix for a Chargers 25 year anniversary celebration/event in the mid 80's. Had a huge stain on it so got it pretty cheap, just liked the jacket, not that it had much historical value. They shipped quickly and it was very well packed, a very good experience. But I was saddened when I read the LOA from Mix that came with it. The jacket was a gift from him to none other than Lou Lampson, which sorta made it Lou's jacket.

Got it cleaned to remove both the stain and the stench of LL from it. Amazingly the stain came out and it fits me perfectly (probably awfully tight on ole Mix), so it worked out, but I might burn the LOA.