Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Arod Glove on Ebay

If the auction house won't release the name of the winner would they be willing to contact him and let him know that the glove he won appears to be up for auction now if they still have contact information. If I had purchased something that I had in my possession and was informed that someone was falsely claiming they had the item and was trying to sell it to an unsuspecting buyer I would certainly cooperate in trying to have it stopped. We don't know that this has happened of course, but because of the odd way this auction has been handled it needs to be checked out.

We don't have a Mark Mancini on our mailing list. It is always possible
    he could be listed under his business name if he has a store or company.
    He could also have purchased it from the winner. I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Robert Lifson

President

Robert Edward Auctions, LLC

P.O. Box 7256

Watchung, N.J. 07069

908-226-9900

908-226-9920 fax

www.RobertEdwardAuctions.com

Guys,

I ask this with great affection: Have you all lost your minds? Run far and fast from dealing with this guy. BAD NEWS.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

is the lining correct? maybe someone should have denny esken check it out? and then maybe bob clevenhagen can take a look?

rudy.

Rudy, that is the first post i laughed out loud to in my history on these boards. Hilarious.

So the glove is now being sold by a zero-feedbacker who lives in "Norwich, CT" (it's a little closer than Spain, I guess...)

I can sum up my feelings on the auction by quoting the last line written by the seller: "If you want to have it please contact me first before you put your bit. I'll supply the pics with LOA/JSA DNA..."

Spoken like a true Norwichian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

I am almost certain that this exact glove was featured in BECKETT ELITE recently (Auction results).
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I contacted ebay at 5:00am this morning via their live help. I also contact them. Still, the auction is active. I provided them the link to the auction which the glove sold for $3,000 and still it's active.

Ebay has to do a better job with this. If it sells, and the buyers pays and doesn't receive the glove, it's EBAYS fault.

Regards, Tony

When it comes to security you just cannot beat ebay. They sure do takes these issues seriously as evidenced by the way that they handled this auction. Their fraud division investigators are simply the finest in the industry. Either ebay has gotten so big over the past ten years that it is an 800 pound gorilla that is unmanageable when it comes to fraud simply based on the sheer number of cases or more likely, ebay does not want to mess with the almighty dollar and potentially lose its own revenue if and when it really started to crack down on fraud cases. Simply sad, very sad.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Someone new to ebay signed up and increased the bidding on the arod glove. Shill bidding? Looks like it.

I emailed the seller numerous times, with negative response.

I'd stay way!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    When it comes to security you just cannot beat ebay. They sure do takes these issues seriously as evidenced by the way that they handled this auction. Their fraud division investigators are simply the finest in the industry. Either ebay has gotten so big over the past ten years that it is an 800 pound gorilla that is unmanageable when it comes to fraud simply based on the sheer number of cases or more likely, ebay does not want to mess with the almighty dollar and potentially lose its own revenue if and when it really started to crack down on fraud cases. Simply sad, very sad.
    They're too busy counting their money