Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 2003 Pujols Jersey on eBay with Grey Flannel Letter

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    What I don't understand is what any bickering between GUU members and the seller has to do with the item. I mean, if the guy thinks that the Game Used Forums aren't a good source of information, then that's great - he doesn't have to post or bid in the auction. But what does Game Used Universe's reputation, either good or bad, have to do with the Pujols jersey in question? The true question is whether or not the item is authentic. And the seller only detracts from the true point by attacking the reputation of this website. All we are asking for is proof that the Pujols jersey is a legitimately game-used item.
    Agree and well said. As I stated, to use his own auction, and ebay, as his soapbox to attack GUU, is ridiculous and uncalled for.

The signature is good. The jersey may also be good. Legit questions deserve legit answers. Being defensive only makes you look bad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Agree and well said. As I stated, to use his own auction, and ebay, as his soapbox to attack GUU, is ridiculous and uncalled for.

The signature is good. The jersey may also be good. Legit questions deserve legit answers. Being defensive only makes you look bad.
    Well, now we all can afford the jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Albert-Pujols-Ga...QQcmdZViewItem

It has been listed at auction with a $99.99 opening bid. Wow, he listed a ton of new stuff, plus a reply to Chris's previous post. I do not know eBay's policy on this activity, but he sure goes off on a tangent in this listing.

It will be neat to see where this listing ends.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Well, now we all can afford the jersey:

It has been listed at auction with a $99.99 opening bid. Wow, he listed a ton of new stuff, plus a reply to Chris's previous post. I do not know eBay's policy on this activity, but he sure goes off on a tangent in this listing.

It will be neat to see where this listing ends.
    Ebay has been contacted and his auction will be removed.

Ridiculous this seller is using ebay this way.

Banned

Forget about this shirt having "9 lives"-it simply will not die!

And to boot, you have to love the extremely informative write-up/rambling/bashing about this site.

On a serious note, how can Ebay allow this listing to remain active?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Forget about this shirt having "9 lives"-it simply will not die!

And to boot, you have to love the extremely informative write-up/rambling/bashing about this site.

On a serious note, how can Ebay allow this listing to remain active?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net
    I contacted ebay this morning. They are removing the listing.

moderncollector-
    please respond to the above questions. you came on here with questions about the worksheet and you should clarify your thoughts.
    thank you
    eric (also known in certain ebay listings as "idiot")
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Thumbs up Re: 2003 Pujols Jersey on eBay with Grey Flannel Letter

Wow - I don't think I've seen anything like this on eBay ever. Honestly, I think he is just trying to detract from the authenticity question by bashing Game Used Universe. Plus, I find it interesting how the seller mentions ad nauseum that the money-back guarantee only applies if the Pujols jersey does not pass Mears. Perhaps he is just finding an evasive way of saying that there is no unconditional money-back guarantee on the purchase. Quite deceptive IMO. If 3arod13 is correct, R.I.P. Pujols jersey auction!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Wow - I don't think I've seen anything like this on eBay ever. Honestly, I think he is just trying to detract from the authenticity question by bashing Game Used Universe. Plus, I find it interesting how the seller mentions ad nauseum that the money-back guarantee only applies if the Pujols jersey does not pass Mears. Perhaps he is just finding an evasive way of saying that there is no unconditional money-back guarantee on the purchase. Quite deceptive IMO. If 3arod13 is correct, R.I.P. Pujols jersey auction!
    I contacted ebay at 7:00am yesterday. Auction still active today. They take way too long to take action.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I contacted ebay at 7:00am yesterday. Auction still active today. They take way too long to take action.
    Based on the fact that this is the third time this jersey has been listed on Ebay with similar negative comments about the Game Used Universe and now specifically Steinmetz, (and these previous listings were never cancelled, either), what leads you to believe Ebay will take any action about this current listing?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

*** CRICKETS CHIRPING ***

nothing.