Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    That mannequin looks just like my dad when I was a kid (face and body).

RK
    Luckily for you, the apple has not fallen far from the tree. Your father was obviously more than a little handsome.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

lol! HAHAHAHAHA Handsome has never been a term attributed to me unfortunately!!!

Me either bro
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Been talking to a guy about a 30x36x2 jersey case where you can display the jersey/pants/hat, etc. We have been going back and forth about getting a shot of the felt color and stain color for weeks. If the guy would cooperate this would have been purchased about 4 weeks ago. My guess is he has too many customers and does not need my business. My question here is, anybody else have something like this in the $125 range, solid oak, felt backed?

I feel like I am wasting my time. I should not have to chase a guy to make a purchase. Just my opinion...

RK

I use a 16x20 shadowbox for jersies...This is how it looks displayed:

Can't compare to Harpt but...

Here's what you can do in about 5 hours of free time (and materials) working at a door shop. I was going to try and replicte an actual Cardinals locker (thanks for the pics Jeff and Dave!) but then decided to go on my own. Only thing I had to buy was about 12 bucks in paint.

I'm going to plexiglass the bottom section under the hats in a few days.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I Know We Have Had Our Past But That Looks Awsome Cigarman44.how Did You Do It And What Materials Would I Need Other Then The Paint? I Have A Mcgwire Signed Batting Glove That Would Go Great With That If Interested.great Job.

Sorry Henmick I was in a sh*tty mood the other day. I apologize...

For the sides I used two 2 foot hollow door slabs. The back, top and bottom all came from scrap particle board (you can see the texture on the back wall even with the paint but it was free) I used scrap trim pieces as runners for the shelves which are made out of 1/2 solid pine boards. For the hanger pole I cut pine boards into cute little home plates and glued them to each size. Notched both of them out and sanded down an unused broom handle for the jersey rod. Then just used one of my old bat racks and screwed it to the back wall. Used some old trim to cover all the rough edges, carpet stapled to the floor and I was done.

What you could do is go to Lowe's or HD and use 1/2 inch high grade paintable plywood for all the sides, top and bottom. Mine is 6' 8" high and 2' deep. It was pain to get down my narrow hall and into the room. I only made it those dimensions because the door slabs where that size. I would suggest a size of 18 inches deep by 6 foot or so high. Still would leave plenty of room for everyting. Id say it could be done pretty cheap.

2 full sheets of high grade plywood
    4 full sticks of pine trim
    pine boards for shelves and rod support
    wood rod for jerseys
    paint

Oh...

Mine is also 30 inches across. If you were going with the other diminsions (6 foot high by 18 inches deep) 26-28 inches across would work great. The door to my room is 32 inches so I had to take it off to get it in. 28 inches would have been perfect.

Thanks Cigarman44 I'm Going To Give It A Try.sorry Bout The Other Day, I Was Also In A Mood. Looks Great Though.good Luck.