Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Check out this Bench "Gamer" Wow..just wow

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    So many things are wrong with this bat. It calls it a R43C - C designates cupped on the end.. Uh...the bats not cupped.

Bench NEVER ordered a 37 oz bat. Ever. Just horrible.

Another thing is the model number stamped to the right of GENINUE is non-existent. With the barrel stamp missing how does the seller know its a R43?

I emailed the seller questioning this bat stating that 77-79 bats have model numbers to get an initial feel of where he's coming from.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    So many things are wrong with this bat. It calls it a R43C - C designates cupped on the end.. Uh...the bats not cupped.

Bench NEVER ordered a 37 oz bat. Ever. Just horrible.

Another thing is the model number stamped to the right of GENINUE is non-existent. With the barrel stamp missing how does the seller know its a R43?

I emailed the seller questioning this bat stating that 77-79 bats have model numbers to get an initial feel of where he's coming from.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

TSA authenticators are in Whitestone Queens. College Point the sellers location is the next town over. I never heard of TSA and it's right in my own backyard. I'd love to find out more about them.
    metsbats86@aol.com

I sent this to info@tsabats.com and included all the fact from this thread.

"Hi,

I'd like to ask you about this bat. (link included)

The bat is not a 77-79 era HB Bench bat. There is no model number on the knob and there should be a model number to the right
    of the GENINUE. How did you deduce that this bat is a R43C ordered by Bench? Additionally "C" means the barrel end is cupped
    and this bat is not cupped. If this bat is 37.5 inches that is incorrect too because Bench never orderd bats this length.

Please share your thoughts on this?

Thanks"
    metsbats86@aol.com

I'm surprised no one said anything about his name being a registered trademark? Plus, the bat is foil branded instead of burn branded.
    Brian Hillerich

Brian - can you e-mail me at jeffreybray@comcast.net I have a bat that I would like to show you a picture of to get your thoughts. I really don't want to post these on the forum.

Thanks,

Jeff

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    TSA authenticators are in Whitestone Queens. College Point the sellers location is the next town over. I never heard of TSA and it's right in my own backyard. I'd love to find out more about them.
    What more could you possibly want to know than what has been shared here? I think it is a guy who just developed what he hoped would appear to be a nice authentication production on paper to sell his garbage. The individual has no clue, no knowledge, and no right to be involved in any kind of MLB authentication, at least in regards to bats. And once you've tarnished your reputation in such a blatant manner, how do you revive it.

My favorite thing about TSA is the statement that they are "located in the business capital of the world" -- I guess that means they must really be something.

BMH raised the point about the trademark after Bench's name, but didn't Bench actually have that on his later gamers? I seem to recall seeing his 1979 All Star Game bat with the trademark on it.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Their "logo" is a basic format you find on microsoft word. Shows how cheap they are

Don't be knockin' on the MS Word stuff! Lol....That's where I did mine......

Attached Images Attached Images  

A look through the TSA "For Sale" site would be useful to browse through before making a purchase decision based on a TSA LOA.
    http://tsaauctions.com/tsa_auctions

Also, according to U S Patent Office records, Johnny Bench's name was filed for a Registered Trademark on 2/17/1976, and subsequently registered as a trademark on 11/2/1976. I am not 100% sure if the trademark symbol is authorized for use at the time of filing, or the time of actual registration. However, the April 2010 Heritage auction shows a Bench 1976 GU bat without a trademark symbol , which would seem to indicate that trademark registrations are effective as of the registered date which, in Bench's case, would have been after the 1976 season, on 11/2/1976.
    http://sports.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=717&LotIdNo=128004&txtSearch= &hdnSearch=true

Also, over at HOF Bats, Tim shows 4 or 5 post-1976 Johnny Bench GU bats (1977-1983) that all have the registred trademark symbol to the right of his name. http://www.hofbats.com/members/uc/JBench.html

Mike jackitout7@aol.com