Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: MeiGray's new Shea 410 ft Wall

Quote Originally Posted by shafrancollectibles.com View Post

Thank you! Mystery solved.

But this begs the question what is to be of the new 410 and why the original was removed prior to the last weekend series? There are now two panels with different significances.

David

Obviously,Barry isn't taking any chances with the 410 wall disappearing in the middle of the night. I don't blame him and if I were in his position,I would also have taken it just in case. But I still believe the new one should be hologramed /photograped and changed every game (along with the other numbered pads)since we got to this point. Warehouse them and they will eventually sell if they don't what did you do,waste $100 in plywood and foam padding? If I'm Barry its changed at least every series if not every game,here on out.
    I would put my Barry bashing aside and put my nickles together for a 3 foot piece of the right field foul pole,net and all I hope.

One last thing before I settle in for the game,
    1-who's selling the turf? if not I'm following the dumpster like I did when the Yankees removed every blade of grass after losing the NLCS to the Red Sox and dumped it in a dumpster on River Ave(later I'll show photos of me picking the foul line turf(7 inches thick)and walking away. I still have the turf if there are any Red Sox fans who want the ground the Yanks choked on-photos will be included-its available.

2. Who's selling the main scoreboard or pieces from it?

that's all he had to pay $5,000? wonder how much it would have went if it was for sale to the public?

One last thing,as Columbo says. Take an existing plain outfield pad and make that the "new" 410 ft wall. At least it would have been there all year and all you would have to do is paint the 410.

P.S. Did you know that the N.Y. license plate "410 ft" is unavailable and in use by someone?

enjoy the game see you later

Swoboda4,
    I dont know if it was a joke or not but the yankees never played the red sox's in the NLCS.

I meant 2004 ALCS. On Nov 5,2004 as I drove south on River Ave a dumpster was placed outside Yankee Stadium on the sidewalk F/O the roll down gates at the old bullpen in right. I looked inside and it was 1-2 foot squares approx 5 inches thick of sod. The field was completely bare. As if the Yankees wanted no part of the grass that the collapse happened on. I took 7 thick pieces one of which has a foul line stripe on it and still does. Only for a Red Sox fan.

Thats cool. When you get a chance i would like to see a photo of it.

Just heard that the mets will be selling their whole stadium for a bag of game used baseballs and some relief pitchers.