Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: i miss baseball!!

I feel your pain. My a's stunk as usual. And there is no McGwire surfacing that i want. I miss baseball already. Hopefully i can pick up some high priced Longoria stuff for a lot less in the offseason.

Thank goodness we have Hawaii Winter League baseball for the next couple of weeks. It's so good to hear the sound of a wood bat instead of the "ping" of composite bats from the college team. Rumor has it that this will be the last year for the HWL (again, after a several year hiatus when future MLB players like Ichiro and Helton played here). Other than the NFL Pro Bowl, HWL is the last link to major professional sports here. And, this next Pro Bowl here at Aloha Stadium could be the last one.

I agree it's depressing that the MLB baseball season is over. My Dodgers got Furcal'd in game five of the NLCS (amongst other reasons). Oh well, I still have the Clippers NBA season to look forward to. (sigh)

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

I hate when the season is over! I could watch baseball year around.

I already miss it as well. I have been making visits to the websites and the Pro Shops to fill some of the void. For 5 months baseball was the largest component of my social life.

My Twins were surprisingly good even after dealing Hunter and Santana. We have a great young starting staff but need to add a little punch in the hitting line up.

This will be our last year in the Dome. I am the one guy that can say with a straight face that I love the Dome.

I love baseball too, my Tribe ended up .500 ball after a horrid start. Looking forward to next season. I love college football and NFL ball with fantasy to play. I guess since I played football and baseball those are the two I follow and that covers just about the whole year except from mid Jan. to early April. Till next season....

You can tell baseball is missed when people turn to hockey and the Clippers?!?!?

Just kidding with you guys
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by twins14 View Post
    My Twins were surprisingly good even after dealing Hunter and Santana. We have a great young starting staff but need to add a little punch in the hitting line up.
    My good friend's brother was one of their September call-ups (Jason Pridie) and it was fun watching him.

My Dodgers were a lot of fun to watch even before Manny. The off season should be exciting and I can't wait till February when the come to Glendale for Spring Training! I live maybe 15 minutes away from there.

Until then, I will continue to watch the my Raiders lose (but they're getting better) and I'm going to try to watch hockey for the first time since the mid-90s.

I guess I'm the only one on the board that celebrates the end of the season...

Time to relax, work on R&D projects and use up my four weeks of vacation.
    Brian Hillerich

BMH I'll trade you jobs any day! I bet it is a grind, but a good one.
    70to66

How many days until pitchers/catchers report?