Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Grey Flannel Auction - What did you win?

i agree, there have been a lot of posts regarding the economy and is it affecting gu. well i think the real high end items still did well, but the more common modern stuff took a big beating. i consigned 2 items and am very disappointed in the outcomes.
    worldchamps, just curious, if you dont mind me asking- what items did you consign?

I stayed up until about 4am as the highest bidder on the Rick Barry Summer League jersey, the Larry Johnson jersey & the 1958 New York Giants basketball jersey.

I ended up passing out & lost out on every single one.

I would of gladly paid more than what they ended up going for, oh well, it's my own fault.

During their HOF auction in September I put in a couple bids for the Away K. State Beasley jersey but was easily outbid.

That jersey ended up selling for $9,000.
    A white Home K.State Beasley jersey just went for $600. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny25 View Post
    I stayed up until about 4am as the highest bidder on the Rick Barry Summer League jersey, the Larry Johnson jersey & the 1958 New York Giants basketball jersey.

I ended up passing out & lost out on every single one.

I would of gladly paid more than what they ended up going for, oh well, it's my own fault.
    Sonny
    What do you know about the Giants basketball Jersey. Aside from searching "new york giants 1958 basketball". Yea, they had a team that played the G'trotters...but who says they used this jersey? Wouldn't you like a photo-reference? Trusting GF on blind faith alone, may not be wise. It may be what they say...but let's see some sorta photo or something. Also, this exact jersey sold on eBay within the last 7 months for around fifty bucks.

High school teams with "GIANTS" mascot:
    Keystone Coll. PA, , Ganesha HS CA, Alden-Hebron HS IL, Highland Park HS IL, Indianapolis Ben Davis HS IN, Marion HS IN, Jena HS LA, Shreveport Green Oaks HS LA, LeSueur-Henderson HS MN, Mesabi East HS MN

Banned

I won the Joe Cribbs 1981 Bills/ Pro bowl jersey. He was my favorite Bills players as a kid. I also thought I had the Rodman Lakers jersey won but lost out on that one late too.
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images