Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: History of Mtchell and Ness Throwback Unis

I will keep an eye out for you. That Pudge or Gonzalez jersey from 1996 would be nice. I don't know if I have ever seen another Rangers or Brewers tbtc jersey of this style for sale. Can you post a pic of the first Angels tbtc jersey?

Todd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Canseco44 View Post
    Yes, the 1993 Brewers is dead on. MY jersey has the exact tagging in the neck, but not on the front of the jersey. Thanks again for your help. This jersey is now my favorite. It actually feels as well as looks like an old flannel uniform.

Thanks, Todd
    Canseco I am a bit confused.

I don't know your source of getting the Jersey whether it was from Jose himself or another collector or an auction.
    But you said it here that the Jersey has everything except for the front tag.
    Now Mitchell & Ness pretty much always puts the front tag, its basically a signature mark of theres even for the retail jerseys.
    Even the picture show in the example shows the front tag wich even you point out and then mention yours doesnt have it.
    In the same breath you say your completely comfortable with it?????

Wouldnt you be a bit concerned that it is missing the tag thats placed on every jersey but yours????

Post a picture of the card or cards..Here is the Angels one.The Angels one has the tagging on the front as you can see..

Todd can you post a picture of the tagging in the neck?? Thanks

I am comfortable with it because I got it directly from Jose, and I can match it to a photo of him wearing it. I can't explain the front tag not being there. It is 100% made by M&N and has a neck tag that looks just like the one in the neck of the Brewers jersey in the photo. I will look when I get home and post the details on the tag. I will try to find a photo of the card and post it. As far as the tag not being there, I have no answer. Matbe they didn't put them on the 1993 tbtc Rangers jerseys? That is why I am posting. I know it was worn in the game by Jose, just trying to get some answers about dates of the game or games.

Todd

I have checked the jersey and there is no evidence of there ever being a tag on the front. So, is it not a retail or game used M&N if it doesn't have it? As far as that goes, is it not a M&N? The tag in the neck does look just like the Brewers. I do not have the capabilities right now to post pics of the cards, but if anyone can they are the following cards: 1993 Upper Deck Hot Shots#12, 1993 Upper Deck #155, and 1994 Donruss #92 Special Edition on the back. In one of the photos on the cards, you can see through his pants in the area where the tag would be, and there isn't one. Once again, I am not trying to prove the authenticy of the uniform, I know it was game worn by Jose Canseco. I just wanted to know the history of the uniforms and the date the game was played. Thanks everyone for your help, especially dcrules. You have helped tremendously. I hope someone can post pics of the cards. I am sure it will help alot. the picture with the Brewer player in it is on the back of the 1994 Donruss Card.

I am still looking for a pic of the Canseco card, but just came across this one of Nolan Ryan. It is from the same set as the Canseco and he is wearing the same uniform. So, somewhere out there is a Nolan Ryan game used Rangers tbtc uniform. I didn't know they wore those caps though.

Todd

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jose-Canseco-155...QQcmdZViewItem

Ok, here is one of the cards. If you had the actual card, this is the one you can see through the pants in the area of the tag, and there is not one. I will keep looking for the other cards, but I hope this sheds some light on the subject along with the Nolan Ryan Card. Where are all the other uniforms from this game?

Todd

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jose-Canseco-155...QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry, here is the correct link to the Canseco card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1993-Fun-Pack-15...2em118Q2el1247

Banned

Canseco well not to throw more salt into all this but im just tryiing to point out every angle.

When they take pictures of players a lot of the time the pictures are from games of the year before or even spring traing of earlier that season, so this way they have enough time to produce the cards for the regular season.

So the cards are from the 1993 set which means, the picture could even be from 1992.

Just food for thought.