Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Opinions David Wright rookie jersey

Yeah I met Russ once I live in Pa and drove down..He gave me a tour and talked with me and my wife for an hour..He has Jason Isringhausens Mercury Mets jersey along with racks of game issued that were customized wrong for the player..He told me some great stories total class act...

dcrules01,
    I bought my Reyes from the same seller. And after i bought it i wanted to make sure it was 100% real even when it came with Steiner and an Mlb Hologram plus all the dirt on the front. But the thing that scared me was in the photos i found you could see a loose stitch but the seller said their was none in the place i asked. So when i got the jersey you could tell a stitch came apart around the same area. I think you jersey is good.

A couple of years ago Grey Flannel had a Bobby Valentine game used white alternative jersey tagged 2000 with the 9-11-2001 patch and American Flag over the MLB emblem on the back of the jersey. The jersey was purported used in 2001 but with 2000 tagging.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan808 View Post
    From what I can gather in speaking to Eric & Russ at Stitches it is not uncommon for the Mets to send Stitches jerseys from previous years to get customized for a current player if they are in need of a jersey. Charlie Samuels has an inventory of jerseys in various sizes that he keeps at Shea. Whenever he needs a jersey right away he finds one in the right size and has it customized the year tag on the jersey is not something that he worries about, as long as the jersey is the right size it is getting done. Stitches has customized jerseys for the Mets with previous years tags on them as well as jerseys that had no year tags on them at all.

That jersey was most likely customized by Stitches, it has the same arch in the name placement that they use when they customize jerseys unlike the jerseys customized by Majestic that are almost straight across the back. It is difficult to 100% verify that jersey because the Mets did not have an agreement with Steiner and MLB did not authenticate jerseys with the numbered stickers until 2005. (I think that is when they started)

Everything points to that being legit (Gray Flannel COA Leyland's auction picture, Eric and Russ's opinion and verification of the year tag possibly being used in 2004) but a photomatch would be the only way to seal the deal. I checked Getty but they only have one picture of Wright in a road jersey in 2004 in a game against the Giants and the picture does not show the front or the back of the jersey.

Hey you can always send it to Lou Lampson and ask his opinion! LOL!

I was just at Stitches this morning to have some patches placed on my Mr. Met jersey. Eric is class act (as well as Russ too) as he didn't want to take any payment for the additional patches I needed as I was there a couple of weeks back (w/o the patches) to have the lettering done.

Anyway I took my 2004 Piazza home gamer to show him and he verified that Stitches did the work and said it was a real gamer. He said exactly what you stated that their work is arched while Majestic is straight.

I didn't know why there were differences in the NOB arching until I read your response.

Thanks for the info!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Im glad us Mets fans have contact with them it benefits us with there in house knowledge.