Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

87 mets Howard Johnson jersey value ?

I am hoping to get some input on the value of 1987 Mets Howard Johnson playoff jersey. The jersey is auto'd on the front. Thankyou in advance,

Vince

Re: 87 mets Howard Johnson jersey value ?

Do you have pics?? Mets did not make the playoffs in 87 I know there are phantom 85 playoff jerseys not sure about 87 though.There are a few other Mets collectors that might be able to chime in.As for the value I couldnt give a guess until I saw the jersey..

Quote Originally Posted by kings418 View Post
    I am hoping to get some input on the value of 1987 Mets Howard Johnson playoff jersey. The jersey is auto'd on the front. Thankyou in advance,

Vince
    Vince,

I collect mainly 1987 Mets jerseys and have MANY in my collection. From my experience, I estimate the value of your jersey to be worth $250-300. The Mets did not make the playoffs that year, so this special set will not have the game wear a regular season jersey would. Regular season 1987 HoJo jerseys (especially since they were part of his first 30-30 year) would fetch in the ballpark of $800.00. This one unfortunately will not qualify.

If you are looking to sell the jersey, I will pay very fairly for it, as HoJo is not one of the players in my personal collection, and I would gladly have a game issued jersey of his from that year than none at all. Please understand that I am in no way understating the value of this jersey, and you can feel free to verify with any member of this forum my honesty and integrity within this hobby.

Regards,
    Nick

Tnt is a good guy and one of the good guys ill vouche for him.Id still like to see pics

Thanks for the input guys. I am not sure how to post pics., but when I get a chance, I will send some to you directly.

Vince

Hey Guys,
    Here is a link to my websots page with some photos of the jersey. A buddy of mine purchased it at a card show abot 10 years ago. He says the dealer had a few other players from the same year for sale also. I have no clue if the jersey is legit or not as I mostly collect hockey.

Thanks,
    Vince
    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569340189WILuTl

Vince,

It looks like a playoff game issued jersey to me. Are you looking to sell it? If so, please contact me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Nick

Nick if you for some reason pass id be interested..lmk email is dcrules01@msn.com